The receptionist/administrative assistant will be responsible for answering a 3-line switchboard and routing incoming calls to appropriate staff; welcoming and assisting visitors and guests; distributing mail & publications as well as providing primary administrative assistance to Executive Vice President of Human Resources. As the first point of contact, this position will facilitate a positive image of Rigel as well as assist in maintaining a secure and safe building for staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Welcomes visitors with a high-degree of professionalism and courtesy, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate staff
• Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and routes calls to appropriate staff
• Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voicemail accordingly
• Answers general questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions and other information
• Screens callers to curb unwanted solicitations
• Uses visitor badge system to issue visitor badges
• Receives, sorts and routes daily mail and publications (including processing scientific article & publications requests)
• Keeps lobby and mailroom areas clean and organized
• Updates and distributes company phone list on a monthly basis
• Provides general administration assistance to Human Resources Department, primarily to the Executive Vice President
• May assist with special projects or other commensurate duties as assigned
Human Resources Assistance:
• Coordinate interview candidates (including travel, scheduling, confirmation of interview dates/times)
• Coordinate company events and related activities
• Assist in processing of cafeteria vendor and weekly happy hour invoices
• Coordinate carpool benefit
• Coordinate employee service award program
• Assist in updating/enhancing HR information on intranet
• Assist HR in any mailings and/or distribution of information
• Create and maintain supply of new hire orientation packets and exit meeting packets.
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS DESIRED:
• High School diploma at minimum required; AA/AS degree preferred
• 4 years of general administrative support experience required, experience supporting an executive a plus
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, including phone etiquette – high degree of professionalism, discretion, and a personable/client-service driven approach is required
• Excellent, consistent attendance and punctuality required to meet a Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. work schedule
• Experience with Microsoft Office Software (primarily Word and Excel). Ability to use PowerPoint a plus
• Proficient with Outlook calendaring and Concur expense reporting
• Familiarity with multi-line phone system
• Proven ability to remain calm under pressure as first point of contact for regulatory agencies
• Sound judgment and ability to offer solutions/suggestions for process improvement
• Able to appropriately handle confidential and highly sensitive material
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible and adapt to an ever-changing work environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.