Principal Scientist, Immunology
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Principal Scientist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in areas such as oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in Immunology or Immuno-oncology, including hands on experience with in vitro assays with immune cells, some in vivo experience and experience in leading projects. The position will report to the Director, Head of Immunology.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, plan, and support the validation of novel drug targets via multiple mechanisms, including testing the effects of compounds in primary immune cell assays and in vivo
- Stay abreast with the latest literature and be a thought leader in recommending novel therapeutic concepts and testing paradigms
- Development and/or use of new technology and assays to support drug discovery
- Interpret experimental results and present work as well as strategy at company meetings
- Oversee and advise junior scientists
Experience and education requirements:
- Ph.D. with 7-10+ years of experience in Immunology or immuno-oncology (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience preferred)
- Required technical skills include a strong in vitro immunology skill set which includes primary cell isolation and culture (preferably both human and mouse), assays with primary immune cells (T cells, myeloid cells), multiparameter flowcytometry, ELISA and western blotting. Additional skills preferred but not required include in vivo skills, RNA/DNA isolation, PCR, and high to medium-throughput assays
- Experience leading small molecule programs from target validation to lead optimization to IND-enabling studies
- Cross-departmental coordination and project management experience required
- Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job PSIM2019.03.05 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.