Process Automation Engineer II
The Process Automation Engineer II within the Process Development and Automation Engineering Group contributes to the development and implementation of automation systems and workflows to support the processing of samples in a clinical diagnostics and research laboratory environments. This individual collaborates within a team of scientists and engineers upon projects to conceptualize, design, develop, and implement solutions designed to optimize the performance and increase the efficiencies of the laboratory processes.
- Principal responsibilities of this position include automation projects leadership.
- Lead the development and integration of the automation systems and related software tools, preparing the documentation for equipment validation and operating procedures.
- Building rapport with end-users, lab supervisors and process owners, and coordinate with cross functional teams to ensure the successful implementation in the labs.
- Define and lead the automation systems development, testing and qualification requirements.
- Support the documentation efforts for equipment validation and operating procedures.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts, analyze data and help drive key process related decisions.
- A BS or MS degree Biomedical Engineering or closely related engineering or scientific field, with a minimum of 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Technical proficiency and experience in automation systems development and integration for the life science industry; especially with robotics and liquid handling systems is required.
- Good Project management, organizational and written and verbal communication skills.
- Preparing User Requirement and Testing Procedure, Standard Operating Procedures, and related documentations; and overseeing the functional and validation testing, IQ/OQ/PQ.
- Flexibility and self-initiative required to support several simultaneous projects.
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, Lab automation providers, or clinical-laboratory experience is highly desirable.