Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Immunology
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Scientist to contribute to the identification and development of novel small-molecule drugs. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands on experience and expertise in immunology techniques, primary cell isolation (both mouse and human), cell culture, cell based functional assays (proliferation, cytokine production, differentiation, cytotoxicity) and flow cytometry.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, plan, and support the testing of compounds targeting immune cells.
- Work closely with early discovery biology groups as well as pharmacology group to design appropriate experiments to test the therapeutic hypothesis.
- Interpret experimental results and present work at company meetings.
- Stay abreast of current literature relevant to the therapeutic area as well as the targets to implement novel ideas for therapeutic testing.
Experience and education requirements:
- PhD with 2-5+ years of immunology experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred).
- Strong publication record and/or drug discovery experience in immunology or immuno-oncology is required
- Hands-on in vitro assay development with primary immune cells & troubleshooting experience is critical
- Required technical skills include primary human and mouse cell isolation, primary cell and cell line tissue culture, multi-parameter flow cytometry, and functional assays to assess T, B or myeloid cell functions.
- Additional technical skills include in vivo skills, Western Blotting, ELISA, qPCR, RT-PCR, reporter-based assays.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, troubleshooting skills and organization skills
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job SSIM2019.03.04 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.