In Vivo Biologist/Scientist
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Oncolytic Immunotherapy group in Sorrento is seeking a highly motivated and creative Scientist/Senior Scientist to join a group of researchers evaluating novel therapies in the fields of Cancer Immunotherapy, Immune Checkpoint Biology, and Innate Immunity. The candidate will report to the Head of Oncolytic Immunotherapy and work within project teams to advance research stage programs into pre-clinical development, and provide in-vitro, in-vivo and ex-vivo efficacy and pharmacodynamic data essential to drive projects into clinical development.
I. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills and experience.
Plans and executes experiments under minimal supervision that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidate projects into the pipeline. Works cross-functionally within the organization to achieve goals. Actively involved in the selection of anti-cancer drug candidates by running both in vitro and in vivo efficacy studies.
- Independently design and perform studies to evaluate the Efficacy and MOA of Immuno-modulatory drugs in preclinical models of cancer
- Hands-on experience with anti-tumor immunity mouse models.
- Proficiency in administration of virus-based therapeutics.
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, execution and analysis of in vivo tumor models. Proficiency in IP, IV, SC, and PO dosing, and blood and tissue collection.
- Experience with various in vitro assays applicable to I-O such as MLR, ADCC, 2D or 3D-spheroid killing and reporter assays is recommended
- Proven experience with investigating the tumor micro-environments using in vivo or ex vivo techniques such as flow cytometry or Immuno-histochemistry.
- Must be proficient in aseptic cell culture technique
- Supervise research associate(s)
- Prepare detailed technical reports, protocols, quantitative analyses, and maintain appropriate documentation
- Ability to communicate results at both internal and external meetings
- This position requires excellent communication skills and ability to perform in a matrix structured work environment
- Proficient in data analysis software including FlowJo, GraphPrism, Microsoft Excel
- Both effective team player and strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines
II. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
III. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate. Ph.D. degree in immunology with at least 2 years industry experience in the Immuno-Oncology field is recommended. At least 5 years of experience is required for a senior level.
IV. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as calculation of dilutions and statistical analyses. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
V. REASONING ABILITY:
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
VI. LANGUAGE SKILLS:
Ability to read and understand technical procedures. Ability to write protocols and reports. Ability to effectively present data and respond to questions from co-workers.
VII. CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: