Bio-Rad is looking for a Senior Scientist for the Reagents Manufacturing Process Development team. The individual will execute cross-functional projects related to development and continuous improvement for our product lines. These include qPCR and droplet digital PCR reagents, the Bio-Plex suspension array system, pre-cast electrophoresis gels, and general molecular biology reagents.
- This position involves development of scale-up procedures for eventual purification within the GMP environment, optimization of procedures for purity and yield and modification of existing procedures.
- Optimization of fermentation processes and development of recombinant protein purification process including chromatography process, filtration, process characterization and optimization, and process scale up.
- Collaborate with R&D and operations functions to ensure on-time, robust, and cost-effective transfer of new products into manufacturing.
- Contribute studies and/or activities necessary for process optimization and continuous improvement to assure robust and cost-effective manufacturing processes.
- Provide troubleshooting support for manufacturing.
- Work with external suppliers to resolve raw material quality issues.
- Author, update or review validation test plans & data summary, production documents. Setup change control/infrastructure. Train manufacturing personnel.
- Requires strong problem solving skills, technical proficiency, collaboration with key stake holders and ability to work independently.
- Present ongoing scientific/technical work at internal/departmental seminars and trainings.
- PhD. in biochemistry/biotechnology or other discipline with 5+ years; or MS with 10+ years; or BS with 15+ years of experience in Downstream Process Development and /or Protein Purification.
- Expertise in protein expression, purification and characterization.
- Strong background in protein biochemistry, protein modification using enzymatic and chemical methods, and biophysical, analytical characterization.
- Experience in purification and handling of various classes polymerases proteins.
- Demonstrated capabilities to implement and troubleshoot protein purification and protein modification experiments and persist to successful outcomes.
- Experience with ERP system – SAP preferred.
- Prefer experience in Lean Six Sigma, DOE and statistical analysis.
- Ability to build relationships through inter-organization collaborations.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.