Synthorx is a biotechnology company that uses breakthrough technologies for the discovery and development of transformational protein therapeutics. We are hiring a Scientist Bioanalytical to join our rapidly growing analytics group. The candidate is expected to manage multiple projects in support of novel protein therapeutics for immuno-oncology and autoimmune disease indications. The successful candidate has a strong background and proven track record in all activities encompassing analytical method development, qualification, sample testing and report generation in support of IND-enabling activities. We are seeking a highly driven, self-starting, independent and collaborative individual, able to operate at high pace, to meet aggressive timelines.
- Independently designs, plans and implements, bioanalytical assays in support of late-stage research and external CMC activities.
- Develops bioassays, writes protocols, transfers assays and oversees execution and qualification at CROs and CDMOs.
- Enjoys hands-on developing and technical troubleshooting for chromatographic, sample prep and LC-MS methodologies for quantitation of proteins, peptides and small molecules.
- Manages bioanalytical assays for characterization of protein biologics. Assays include SEC, RP, cIEF and ELISA techniques.
- Troubleshoots challenging technical, experimental, and instrument issues and leads new instrument evaluations.
- Processes, reviews and interprets data; presents and reports results to internal teams and external partners.
- Generates technical reports and supports regulatory filings.
- Maintain a high standard for quality control including up-to-date data records for incoming and processed samples.
- Supervise, train and mentor junior staff and provide insight and technical expertise for project progression.
- Ph.D. degree in chemistry/biochemistry or related field with 3+ years of bioanalytical laboratory experience or equivalent.
- Proven ability to think critically and creatively to identify and solve bioanalytical assay development challenges.
- Background knowledge and practical experience in developing bioanalytical methods for protein therapeutics, along with a proven track record of productivity, problems solving skills are essential.
- Consummate ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional environment, with superior oral and written communication skills.
- Strong subject matter expertise in bioanalytical mass spectrometry techniques and data analysis for characterization of protein biologics including intact mass analysis, peptide mass fingerprinting and multiple reaction monitoring based quantitation of proteins.
- Proven expertise with technologies for qualitative and quantitative analysis of therapeutic proteins.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary environment as well as with external partners.
- Experience taking on leadership roles through direct or indirect management or mentoring associates.
- Strong interpersonal skills to thrive in a team environment.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills; communicates through clear, concise reporting and by maintaining high quality, accurate electronic scientific notebook records.
- Proven track record of success in anticipating and managing issues in a proactive fashion.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to meet aggressive deadlines is a must.
Additional preferred skills:
- Basic understanding of cancer and/orimmuno-biology
- Familiar with protein expression and purification
- While the work environment is non-GLP (discovery stage) a basic knowledge of regulated bioanalysis in GLP and/or GMP environment is a plus.