Senior/Principal Scientist, Pharmacology, Translational Sciences
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a clinical-stage Rare Disease biopharmaceutical company focused on restoring production of essential proteins depleted due to genetic mutations. Our library of novel drug candidates enable read-through of premature stop codons and have shown dose dependent improvements in restoring essential protein functions across multiple disease areas. Our lead investigational product candidate, ELX-02 has been granted Orphan Disease designation and is advancing to Phase 2 in Cystic Fibrosis and Cystinosis. Our recently announced Inherited retinal disease program and our partnership with the Foundation Fighting Blindness has created an opportunity to advance additional library compounds into clinical development. We anticipate continuing our rapid growth as the Company advances in clinical development, enters additional therapeutic areas and expands our pipeline.
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals (ELOX) is a Nasdaq listed biotechnology company headquartered in Boston MA with regional operations in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Tel Aviv Israel.
The Senior or Principal Scientist Pharmacology in the Translational Sciences group will report to the Director of Research and be a key member of the team and will partner with internal team leaders and external partners to develop and implement research on Translational Read-Through-Inducing Drug (TRID) programs. The ideal candidate will have a fundamental understanding and strong perspective of genetics, functional translational read through, pharmacology and experience as a contributing member of several pharmacology programs, with minimal supervision, from research/discovery to candidate selection.
- Provide strong scientific expertise and effective leadership to the discovery research efforts and team members.
- Play a key role in determining the mechanism of action of lead molecules.
- Provide mid-level strategic insights for pharmacology programs in discovery through transition to development.
- Work closely with development team members, when needed, to propose and develop clinically relevant biomarkers.
- Recommend, oversee and manage CRO(s), vendors and academic collaborators to ensure that all studies are performed in a quality, timely and scientific manner.
- In collaboration with management and research/discovery team members design, manage and interpret results of in vitro and in vivo studies to inform clinical development.
- Maintain a command of relevant scientific literature.
- Ensure that the team maintains clear, detailed, and up-to-date records of research.
- Maintain an atmosphere that is open to sharing ideas and listening to the contributions of others.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, innovative and performance driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously work on complex projects requiring an in-depth evaluation of multiple, interdependent factors.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently.
- Attention to detail, experience in monitoring work to assure quality, accuracy and thoroughness.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to effectively converse with a variety of audiences including team members, cross-functional project teams, project leaders, and senior management.
- Ability to work at the strategic and tactical level.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute successfully in a multi-disciplinary team environment while serving as a team lead.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities with a focus on accomplishing company goals and objectives in a dynamic business environment.
- Ability to present thoughts clearly and concisely to a wide variety of stakeholders including senior management, directors, and corporate partners.
- Strong focus and drive to succeed.
- 4-6 years of industry experience in in vitro/in vivo pharmacology (experience working in a fast paced, small biotech environment is essential).
- Project leadership experience with successfully taking small molecules from early stage discovery to development decisions.
- Extensive knowledge in functional translational read-through and pharmacology.
- Experience working with CROs is essential.
- Experience in developing robust biological assays and decision-enabling experiments.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential.
- PhD in, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, or related field required
In addition to offering competitive salaries, Eloxx Pharmaceuticals offers a full benefit package including healthcare, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) retirement saving plan, and paid holiday and vacation days.
Eloxx Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.