Inzen Therapeutics is a privately held, early-stage biotechnology company in Manhattan, New York exploring cellular turnover, an untapped area of human biology. Turnover is a fundamental feature of every cell in the human body, occurring more than 30 billion times per hour. This process goes awry in disease. Our mission is to pioneer a novel category of drugs based on manipulating cellular turnover for the treatment of cancer, immune and fibrotic diseases, and regenerative processes.
Inzen Therapeutics was founded by Flagship Pioneering, an institute dedicated to the origination and development of first-in-category life sciences companies. Since 2000, Flagship has originated and fostered the development of nearly 100 scientific ventures resulting in $20+ billion in aggregate value, 500+ issued patents, and more than 50 clinical trials for novel therapeutic agents.
Inzen Therapeutics offers the opportunity to work at a big concept biotechnology company. We are seeking Research Associates to join our Platform team with the goal of advancing our research programs from early discovery to proof-of-concept and beyond. We are searching for enthusiastic, innovative, and highly motivated individuals with a passion for pursuing scientific research aimed at bringing novel medicines to patients. Successful candidates should be scientifically motivated self-starters, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and capable of working independently in conducting and critically analyzing biology experiments.
- Support the Platform team with proteomics and metabolomics sample preparation, maintaining and conducting cell culture experiments, and performing biochemical fractionation.
- Design experimental assays, develop new methods and technical capabilities, and conduct in vitro studies.
- Assist with day to day operations in the laboratory, including purchasing and inventory management.
- M.S./M.A. in Biochemistry, Chemical Biology or a related field with 3+ years work experience, or B.S./B.A. with 5+ years of work experience in a relevant field.
- Proficiency in mammalian tissue culture.
- Experience with proteomics, and/or metabolomics sample preparation is a plus.
- Ability to independently plan, execute, and analyze complex experiments.
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Motivated, curious, and team-oriented, with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Flagship Pioneering and its affiliated Flagship Lab companies (collectively, “FSP”) do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to FSP or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Flagship Pioneering’s internal Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of FSP, and FSP will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.