Research Associate / Research Scientist / Sr. Research Scientist in CAR T for Cancer Immunotherapy
Sorrento Therapeutics Inc. is a fast growing, clinical stage, antibody-centric, biopharmaceutical company developing new therapies to turn malignant cancers into manageable and possibly curable diseases. Sorrento's multimodal, multipronged approach to fighting cancer is made possible by its extensive immuno-oncology platforms, including key assets such as fully human antibodies ("G-MAB library"), clinical stage immuno-cellular therapies ("CAR-T"), intracellular targeting antibodies ("iTAbs"), antibody-drug conjugates ("ADC"), and clinical stage oncolytic virus ("Sephrevir®").
We attract smart people who play well with others. We're small enough for your ideas to make a big impact, but also large enough to offer you opportunities to grow professionally at any stage of your career.
If you're a quick learner, enjoy working in the biotech industry, and share our mission of developing ground-breaking advances in medicine, Sorrento Therapeutics is the place for you!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
The Experimental CAR-T group in Sorrento is seeking a highly motivated and creative Research Associate / Scientist / Senior Scientist to join a group of researchers evaluating novel therapies in the fields but not limited of Cancer Immunotherapy. The candidate will work closely with others to drive discovery research programs into early clinical development by providing scientific and technical leadership. Depending on previous experience, this may include the preclinical/clinical development of CAR-T cells for cancer immunotherapy, chimeric antigen receptor construction, retroviral/lentiviral vector packaging, protein purification, T cell culture and gene transduction, T cell functional assays and animal model studies, and clinical trial patient biopsy specimen assays, etc.
The candidate will work within project teams to provide in-vitro, in-vivo and ex-vivo efficacy and pharmacodynamic data essential to drive projects into clinical development. The candidate must have a good understanding of cell immunology and cancer biology. A background in immunology with research experience in cell therapy is preferred, but not necessary.
The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the candidate. Those with a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. degree in immunology with 2-5 years industry experience are encouraged to apply.
Candidates should have in one or more of the following fields:
- Hands-on experience with anti-tumor immunity mouse models
- Demonstrated expertise in the design, execution, and analysis of in vivo tumor models. Proficiency in IP, IV, SC, and blood and tissue collection
- Experience with various in vitro assays (FACS, T cell and CTL functional assay, ELISA, immunochemistry)
- Proficiency in aseptic cell culture techniques for tumor cell cultures and T cell cultures
- Experience with molecular biology including retroviral or lentiviral vector construction, subcloning, PCR, RNAi, shRNA, gene editing, mammalian cell transfection, gene expression assays, and western blotting
- Experience with protein purification and characterization
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to perform in a matrix structured work environment
- Proficiency in data analysis software and Microsoft Excel
- Should be an effective team player while also being a strong individual contributor, flexible, and able to handle multiple tasks while delivering high quality results under tight timelines.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Plan and execute experiments under minimal supervision that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidate projects into the pipeline. Work cross-functionally within the organization as needed. Active involvement in running both in vitro and in vivo efficacy studies.
- Independently design and perform studies to evaluate the efficacy of treatments in preclinical models of cancer
- Supervise research associates as needed
- Prepare detailed technical reports, protocols, and quantitative analyses. Maintain appropriate documentation
Be on the leading edge of immunotherapies for the treatment of cancer.
Earn a competitive salary that allows you to focus your attention on your passion for science.
A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, matching 401k, 10 paid holidays and three-weeks' PTO, plus stock options.
If this sounds like the right career to fit your personality and interests, we're looking forward to meeting you.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: Car@SorrentoTherapeutics.com
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Sorrento Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer