Elanco is a global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat disease in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. With a 64-year heritage, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for more than 5,800 employees. At Elanco, we're driven by our vision of food and companionship enriching life - all to advance the health of animals, people and the planet. Learn more at www.elanco.com.
- Develop statistical methods, analyze data and write statistical reports to achieve team objectives within agreed upon timelines. Provide input into development timelines regarding statistical tasks.
- Provide scientific input on the design of study protocols (i.e. efficacy, safety, palatability, post marketing).
- Interact with Data Management group(s) to ensure data collected in an appropriate format.
- Liaise with other members of companion animal product development regarding the resolution of any data issues and transfer of data for statistical analysis.
- Coordinate with internal and external statisticians, analysts and programmers with regard to the planning and execution of statistical aspects of laboratory and clinical trials.
- Maintain proficiency with respect to SAS programming.
- Coordinate and liaise with external organizations or internal colleagues to meet statistical resourcing needs.
- Analyze, summarize and interpret data from studies conducted by the project team.
- Responsible for the preparation of statistical tables, listings, figures, reports, or other information required for inclusion in study reports, statistical reports, internal/external presentations and publications.
- Contribute to or co-author the writing of study reports.
- Provide technical support and or consultancy for other R&D teams as a Subject Matter Expert in statistics.
- Contribute in the preparation of regulatory submissions and responses.
- Assist in the development and review of relevant Elanco Functional Practices and guidance documents.
- Actively participate in the statistical Community of Practice; maintain current knowledge of publications and scientific progress in areas of applied statistics and biostatistics.
- Develop and maintain expertise in relevant veterinary pharmaceutical areas.
- Provide statistical expertise by participating in Global Regulatory Agency interactions.
- Devise and promote the use of improved and/or innovative scientific and statistical methodologies.
- Promote a collaborative environment and entrepreneurial mindset by exhibiting the Elanco values.
- Ensure scientific integrity in all activities.
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics or related scientific discipline with 4 years industry experience, or
- MS in Statistics, Biostatistics with 10 years' experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Good understanding of GXP and quality principles
- Animal Health or Pharmaceutical experience preferred
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.