Nucleo Life Sciences, LLC. is a pharmaceutical company located in San Rafael, CA that develops innovative therapies into commercially viable products through proven pharmaceutical development expertise and creative problem solving. Nucleo offers specialized Chemistry, Manufacturing, and Controls (CMC) services to strategic partners. We are looking for highly motivated and talented individuals to join our team to bring new drug candidates into clinical development.
The successful laboratory technician candidate will be responsible for assisting senior level staff. The job function requires basic laboratory skills with handling laboratory reagents, working in a GMP environment, and inventory management.
- Support laboratory staff by preparing chemical solutions, balance checks, cleaning of glassware and equipment
- Follow instructions and lab protocols provided by senior staff
- Assist in collecting data in a laboratory notebook and reporting to senior staff for data analysis and interpretation
- Organize and facilitate the collection, clean up, and disposal of chemical waste
- Maintain laboratory in a safe, clean, and orderly condition, which includes functional checks on safety equipment such as eyewash stations, showers, fire extinguishers and hoods
- Assure availability of supplies, materials, and equipment needed for laboratories to maintain good functioning of the laboratory and offices.
- Assist with operations activities including GMP line clearance, release of materials and receiving and shipping materials.
- Update and manage equipment inventory and logbooks
- Inspect and maintain equipment ensuring they are clean and in good operating condition
- Recognize and troubleshoot any equipment malfunctions and if needed, work with in-house personnel or outside vendors to repair equipment
- Ensure clean rooms and general facility is maintained in optimum conditions and in compliance with GMP requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of two years of college education
- Experience working hands on in a laboratory environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- This is a highly collaborative environment where willingness and ability to communicate and work flexibly within a team is essential.
- Excellent speaking, writing, presentation, and presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask in technical responsibilities is desired.
- Candidate is self-motivated, has strong problem solving skills, and works well independently.
Equal Opportunity Employer