Senior Manager, Nephrology Reimbursement and Access
We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
As a member of the US Value and Access team, this role, reports to the Director, Nephrology Reimbursement, Access, and Value (RAV) lead and in collaboration with the brand and other USV&A functions, will act as the point for the development and execution of Calcimimetic and ESA contracting strategy. This position will work across the US Value and Access Organization, Inflammation Nephrology Business Unit, and Oncology Business Unit to coordinate the development & assessment of Parsabiv and ESA provider and payer contracting strategy. This individual will also lead the execution of both proactive and reactive competitive response contracting & access efforts in collaboration with the Organized Customer Team (OCT), INBU Key Accounts Team, OBU Key Accounts Team, and Nephrology sales team to optimize payer coverage and support patient access to Amgen products. This position will provide an opportunity to work with stakeholders across multiple brand, sales, and Value and Access Organization functions and teams.
Payer contracting strategy coordination & coverage tracking
- Coordinate development of the ESA Payer contracting strategy framework
- Conduct ESA payer assessment analysis
- Develop & manage updating of regular payer coverage trackers (internal & field facing)
- Manage tracking of ESA & Calcimimetic reimbursement & access payer coverage across segments
- Lead analysis of claims databases to inform coverage & payment insights
- Manage primary/secondary payer EOB tracking by category and geography
Pricing & Contracting Modeling Support
- Point for consolidating Amgen/competitor pricing & contracting assumption inputs
- Management of competitor pricing scenario analysis
ESA & Calcimimetic Contracting Project Management
- Facilitate Nephrology contracting strategy meetings
- Manage contracting trackers across Neph and Onc segments in collaboration with functional partners
- Point of contact for all ESA customer contract change request evaluations
- Lead monthly analysis of ESA contract performance & manage ad hoc analysis requests
- Lead analysis & execution of contract update communications
Contracting Customer Business Review Support
- Development of customer contract proposal presentations and business reviews
- Develop & maintain Neph & Onc field business review tools and resources
• Doctorate degree and (2 years of Marketing and/or Sales and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization)
• Master's degree and (4 years of Marketing and/or Sales and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization)
• Bachelor's degree and (6 years of Marketing and/or Sales and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization)
• Associate's degree and (10 years of Marketing and/or Sales and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization)
• High school diploma / GED and (12 years of Marketing and/or Sales and/or business experience in a role aligned with a Marketing/Sales commercial organization
- MBA or other Master's degree
- Sales and marketing experience
- Payer account management experience
- Access marketing experience
- Pricing and contracting experience
- Strong analytical, modeling, & insight generation experience
- Experience in contracting, access, finance, market research, or similar roles
- Ability to work through others and manage in a matrix environment
- Ability to handle and achieve results with multiple competing priorities
- Understanding of the nephrology and/or oncology dialysis healthcare environment
- Understanding of medical benefit pricing & reimbursement dynamics
- Proven project management skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.