Grad Intern - Ops (Core Technologies)
Amgen's 10 - 12 week internship program offers meaningful project experiences that impact patient's lives. This internship provides the opportunity for executive and social networking events and to participate in community volunteer projects while providing a competitive compensation.
Relocation in the form of a miscellaneous allowance will be provided for eligible candidates.
The intern will work with subject matter experts within the Core Technologies group in the Process Development organization. Specific tasks will vary, but the project will include conducting pilot scale studies to characterize filling unit operation to meet the following objectives:
- Develop in-depth understanding of drug product filling unit operation and associated technologies
- Support design & execution of filling and stoppering studies to explore equipment and process performance over a range of machine parameters and product properties
- Characterize filling quality attributes with respect to machine parameters to minimize qualitative failures.
- Combine pilot scale data with clinical and/or commercial drug product filling runs to enable development of advanced data analytic models, and execute experiments to generate data packages to validate predictions from such models
- Perform data analysis, summarize technical results and explore how results obtained from one vendor technology may transfer to others.
A successful internship will result in the student working with process experts to develop and advance the above listed objectives. The intern will also have the opportunity to gain a broad understanding of the drug product manufacturing process and get exposure to next generation data analytics tools. The intern will present their obtained results to the department at the end of the internship.
Amgen requires that all individuals applying for a grad internship or a co-op assignment at Amgen must meet the following criteria:
18 years or older
Graduated with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent
Completion as a first year graduate student before internship starts and currently enrolled in a Master's program for a Masters internship OR PhD for a PhD internship from an accredited college or university
Enrolled in an accredited college or university following the potential internship or co-op assignment
Must not be employed at the time the internship starts
- In the process of obtaining a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics/ Chemical/ Biochemical/ Biomedical/ Mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills, creativity, and the ability to work successfully in both an independent capacity and in a team environment.
Only candidates who apply via http://careers.amgen.com/ will be considered. Please search for Keyword 70741.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.