Senior Research Associate, Molecular Biology - CRISPR/CAS9 Genome Editing
ABOUT ADICET BIO
Adicet’s pipeline comprises next generation allogeneic gamma delta T cell-based immunotherapies and TCR-like antibody therapeutics. Adicet’s gamma delta T cell therapies are genetically modified to target tumor populations via proprietary chimeric antigen receptors or T cell receptors and represent a novel approach to overcoming challenges that can limit the efficacy and safety of alternative immunotherapies. Adicet’s TCR-like antibody platform is uniquely positioned to identify and validate novel disease specific peptide-MHC targets that cannot be effectively targeted by conventional anti-tumor antibodies.
Adicet Bio was founded in late 2015 with significant investment from OrbiMed, Novartis Venture Funds and Pontifax. In August 2016, Regeneron and Adicet Bio announced a strategic collaboration to discover and develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics and in September 2016, Adicet Bio was recognized and named by FierceBiotech as a “Fierce 15” Biotech Company of 2016.
SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, MOLECULAR BIOLOGY - CRISPR/CAS9 GENOME EDITING
Adicet Bio is seeking a highly motivated team member who will be a key contributor to new projects paving the way for generating novel chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) cell based therapeutics for the treatment of cancer, utilizing the latest technologies for engineering and manipulating mammalian genomes. The position requires skills to perform systematic, highly accurate work within complex and multi-step experimental procedures.
- Bachelor or MSc in cell and molecular biology, immunology, biotechnology, biochemistry, genetics or any other relevant areas
- 4+ year(s) biology research laboratory experience preferred. Industry experience preferred.
- Proficiency at an intermediate level in many molecular biology techniques including:
Gibson assembly as well as traditional cloning, plasmid design (APE, Geneious, Benchling), DNA sequence analysis, DNA and RNA extraction, PCR, genomic DNA and total RNA preparation and handling
- CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing
- Quantitative real-time RT-PCR (qPCR): RNA isolation, generation of cDNA and quantitative measurements using qPCR technology
- Advanced synthetic biology techniques including plasmid multi fragment assembly using Gibson
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and transfection/ transduction is necessary
- Retro virus production is a plus
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.