Sr. Accountant/Accounting Manager
ABOUT ADICET BIO
Adicet’s pipeline comprises next generation allogeneic gamma delta T cell-based immunotherapies and TCR-like antibody therapeutics. Adicet’s gamma delta T cell therapies are genetically modified to target tumor populations via proprietary chimeric antigen receptors or T cell receptors and represent a novel approach to overcoming challenges that can limit the efficacy and safety of alternative immunotherapies. Adicet’s TCR-like antibody platform is uniquely positioned to identify and validate novel disease specific peptide-MHC targets that cannot be effectively targeted by conventional anti-tumor antibodies.
Adicet Bio was founded in late 2015 with significant investment from OrbiMed, Novartis Venture Funds and Pontifax. In August 2016, Regeneron and Adicet Bio announced a strategic collaboration to discover and develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics and in September 2016, Adicet Bio was recognized and named by FierceBiotech as a “Fierce 15” Biotech Company of 2016.
SR. ACCOUNTANT / ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Controller, the Accounting Manager is a “hands-on” position with direct responsibility for Adicet’s daily accounting and payroll operations, month and quarter-end closing. This position will work with the internal finance team and external team (auditors, tax, etc.) and will be responsible for execution and review of core accounting functions. In addition, you will develop and maintain positive, effective working relationships with business stakeholders.
- Setup wire & ACH payments and review check runs
- Prepare or review all accounting journal entries and account reconciliations for accuracy and completeness, maintaining GAAP compliance
- Manage accounting close calendar and payroll processing deadlines to ensure objectives are met
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial statements, senior management reporting package and provide consolidated data (currently one entity outside of the US)
- Prepare all payroll processing functions, including new hire setup, terminations, maintaining non-exempt employee time sheets, 401K transmittal, etc.
- Prepare annual W-2s and 1099s
- Participate and support the maintenance of Sarbanes-Oxley internal control requirements
- Support annual audits and quarterly reviews from external auditors
- Monitor bank and investment balances, prepare bank and investment account reconciliations
- Support ERP, payroll system and expense reporting system implementations
- Set procedures and processes in line with accounting operation standards
- Coach, manage and develop staff (currently one AP Specialist) to meet goals and deliver strong support to business partners
- Support purchasing and review accounts payable
- Ensure A/P personnel is applying correct coding and timely payments to all suppliers
- Special ad-hoc projects, as needed (system/process implementations and/or policies)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Seven years of experience in accounting operations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (strong Excel skills)
- Experience using NetSuite, Concur, ADP (or similar systems)
- Biotechnology, healthcare or health insurance industries preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and SOX 404 compliance
- Solid experience helping to coordinate financial book closings, audits and financial statement preparation
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about the role of finance and accounting in supporting the company’s strategy
- Proven success working well under pressure, highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in an environment with continued process improvement and change
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Highly effective working cross-functionally and in a highly collaborative team environment
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.