Sr. Scientist, Bioinformatics
Adicet Bio is a well-funded, privately held, preclinical-stage biotechnology company that is engaged in the development of cutting-edge immunotherapies that have the potential to profoundly transform the treatment of cancer and other diseases and we are growing!
ABOUT ADICET BIO
Adicet’s pipeline comprises next generation allogeneic gamma delta T cell-based immunotherapies and TCR-like antibody therapeutics. Adicet’s gamma delta T cell therapies are genetically modified to target tumor populations via proprietary chimeric antigen receptors or T cell receptors and represent a novel approach to overcoming challenges that can limit the efficacy and safety of alternative immunotherapies. Adicet’s TCR-like antibody platform is uniquely positioned to identify and validate novel disease specific peptide-MHC targets that cannot be effectively targeted by conventional anti-tumor antibodies.
Adicet Bio was founded in late 2015 with significant investment from OrbiMed, Novartis Venture Funds and Pontifax. In August 2016, Regeneron and Adicet Bio announced a strategic collaboration to discover and develop next-generation engineered immune-cell therapeutics and in September 2016, Adicet Bio was recognized and named by FierceBiotech as a “Fierce 15” Biotech Company of 2016.
Adicet Bio is seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to help harness the immune system to treat cancer. The Bioinformatics Scientist will perform analyses of proprietary nucleic acid and peptide data sets and public genomic and proteomic datasets to find actionable biological insights.
· Develop and perform novel, rigorous bioinformatics analyses
· Develop research grade algorithms into production-level software
· Work closely with other computational and experimental scientists to design experiments
· Effectively communicate findings to stakeholders
· PhD, MS, or BS in bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field. Title will be commensurate with experience.
· Proficiency with Python programming language
· Track record of success in building pipelines for and analyzing NGS data
· Experience in applying rigorous statistical methods to biological data
· Relevant industry experience including in a regulated (CLIA/CAP or cGMP) setting preferred
· Experience with NGS software workflows and analysis of single cell, whole exome, or targeted NGS sequencing data (DNA and RNA) on Illumina HiSeq/MiSeq sequencers
· Proficiency with statistical analysis in R or Python, data visualization highly desirable (Spotfire? PyMOL? I-TASSER?),
· Knowledge of molecular biology, genetics, and cancer biology; experience with analysis of antibody and TCR primary/secondary/tertiary structure is a plus
· Experience working in the cloud (AWS), on a Linux based high-performance computing cluster, and contributing to shared code bases
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills and record keeping
· Experience with ELN and LIMS systems is a plus
· Familiarity with lab automation is a plus
· An excellent work ethic and willingness to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment are essential
Adicet Bio offers both comprehensive benefits and Paid Time (PTO) plans for employees, which begin on the first day of employment, as well as the opportunity to work in a growing, dynamic environment.
Adicet Bio is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.