Senior Engineer, Technology II
Position will be responsible for defining, designing, and delivering SAP centric solutions that enable and enhance AbbVie's procurement processes. This position is accountable to ensure high quality solution designs that meet current and anticipated business needs. Responsibilities also include evaluating alternatives to satisfy business objectives, estimating and planning SAP procure-to-pay projects and cross-project process and design governance. This position is responsible for partnering with business leadership and project management to provide guidance to technical teams, driving effective issue management with and communication to key stakeholders, and delivering successful end results.
The position will be involved in solving complex problems that arise during the planning and execution of different IT programs and projects as well as managing the SAP support activities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Understands organization's vision, goals and strategies. Aligns department priorities appropriately, determines critical success factors, evaluates and pursues initiatives based on fit with strategies.
- Champion change and innovation. Stimulates creativity and innovation in others. Open to new ideas. Supports those who initiate change and take risks.
- Partner with business unit IT to formulate application strategies and roadmaps.
- Define templates, standards, and patterns to be used across project teams.
- Anticipates and recommends technical solutions to business problems. Accountable for maintainability, reliability, and availability of systems solutions relative to business expectations.
- Establish and maintain high-quality relationships with all levels across the company and with external partners.
- Manages 5 - 15 employees/contractors, direct/indirect at varying levels of the Project Management job family.
- Operates within well-defined expectations.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in software engineering, business, information systems, or a discipline closely related to the client area served.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience including 5 years hands on SAP configuration and implementation plus 1-2 years supervisory experience.
- Demonstrable end-to-end business process knowledge in procure-to-pay processes
- Expert level knowledge in SAP MM, SRM and AP.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and standards affecting Pharmaceutical Products (e.g. GMP).
- Managing SAP projects and teams; working knowledge of all aspects of the SAP ASAP methodology including Applications, Integration, Data, Security, Change Management, Training, and Communications.
- Hands-on experience planning and facilitating blue print workshops.
- Strong understanding of developing complex interfaces.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in high stress and high pressure situations.
- Effective communication and influencing Senior Leaders in business and IT.
- Critical Thinking.
- Coaching and mentoring business and IT resources to ensure effective and sustainable application designs.
- Ability to travel globally.
Key AbbVie Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally and with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to realty
Position will be hired based on level of experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled