Scientist / Senior Scientist - Protein Engineering
Job Title: Scientist/Senior Scientist
Department: Protein Engineering
Reports To: Associate Director
Located in Redmond WA, Systimmune Inc. is a bio-pharmaceutical company focused on the treatment of cancer through developing novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies, as well as antibody-drug conjugates (ADC's). Our objective is to create biologics that work through systematic intervention on the solid tumor micro-environment, to either directly attack the tumor and/or to activate the immune system to attack the tumor.
We are seeking a talented Scientist / Senior Scientist with extensive experience in antibody-based therapeutics, in Protein Engineering Department. The successful candidate will have a tracked record of antibody humanization, engineering, molecular biology, purification and characterization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and participate in antibody humanization and engineering for novel therapeutic multi-specific antibodies and Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC).
• Responsible for cloning, expression and characterization of protein constructs
• Oversee CDR grafting, germlining and humanization
• Experienced with PTM site removal and optimization by structure-guided approach
• Evaluate signal peptides for CHO expression system and familiar with CHO expression vectors
• Responsible for candidate optimization, selection, and validation.
• Hands on in homology modeling, mammalian expression, surface plasmon resonance, flow cytometry, SDS-PAGE are required, HPLC is a plus
• Proficiency with Pymol, IgBlast, Discovery Studio, abYsis, Geneious are required
• Write and review Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Support and closely work with other divisions to advance company goals
• Work with R&D and manufacturing department in China. Plan time to accommodate meetings and technical support with team members in China
• Participate in timeline planning and decision making regarding research priorities of company or department and provide information on feasibility of prospective projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
• PhD; MS; BS in Molecular Biology, Structural Biology, Biochemistry or a related field with 5+ years (PhD); 9+ years (MS); 12+ years (BS) of relevant academic and/or pharmaceutical or biotech experience
• Strong fundamental knowledge and experience in antibody humanization and engineering
• Extensive experience with homology modeling and structure-base mutagenesis
SystImmune is a stable, well-funded biotech company with a bright future. We offer an opportunity for you to learn and grow while making significant contributions to the company’s success. SystImmune offers a comprehensive benefits package including; 100% paid employee premiums for medical/dental/vision, also STD, LTD, a 401(k) plan with a 50% company match of up to 3% and a vesting schedule of only 5 years, 15 PTO days per year, sick leave, plus 10 paid holidays and MORE.
SystImmune is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested applicants should send their CV and cover letter to email@example.com