Proteomics and Biomarkers Intern, Summer 2019
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
These positions are in Bioanalytical & Biomarker Technologies in Tarrytown, NY. There are 2 openings for Summer 2019. Each opening is described below.
The student will be responsible for learning a variety of proteomics approaches to support projects of Therapeutic Focus Areas (TFA) and Therapeutic Proteins (TP).
Human leukocyte antigen (HLA) class I and class II present a repertoire of endogenously derived peptides for immune surveillance by CD8+ and CD4+ T lymphocytes respectively.
Utilizing an RNA-Seq proteogenomics approach, new sample specific proteomic databases can be generated with the goal of detecting mutation (insertions, deletions, or substitutions), translocation, unannotated genes, splice variants, and transcripts deemed non-coding from patient tumor samples. These sample specific proteomic databases will then be searched against the original raw immunopeptidomics MS/MS data for the detection of novel HLA- associated peptides.
Here we developed an MS-based discovery workflow to identify HLA Class I and Class II presented peptides in tumor samples. We have profiled immunopeptidome from a variety of human tumor samples using the Thermo Fusion Lumos Tribrid mass spectrometer (Thermo) and we want to further look into the raw data to identify mutation (insertions, deletions, or substitutions), translocation, unannotated genes, splice variants, and transcripts deemed non-coding from patient tumor samples. Peaks Studio 10 (Bioinformatics Solutions) will be used for data mining to identify novel peptide derived from sample specific proteomic databases. This project will require collaboration with Molecular profiling and V.I. Next, where we already have established a strong collaboration with. These novel peptides could present new repertoire of targets for immunotherapies such as bispecific and CAR T-cells.
The student will work on the following:
• Quantification of antibody and Antibody-drug conjugate by intact-MS in serum and tissue samples using immunoaffinity capture and micro-flow LC-MS
• Study the catabolism of ADC and automate MW calculation of ADC, its subunits and catabolites.
Start building your skills at Regeneron.
• Must be a graduate or PhD student. Undergraduates with strong programming skills (R, Python) will be considered
• Must be pursuing a degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical science or related field
• Must have excellent communication skills and strong initiative and drive to learn new technologies.
• Position 1: Must have a basic understanding of Molecular Techniques ( immunoprecipitation, Western blotting, HPLC). Knowledge of Mass spectrometry preferred, but not required. Must have basic computer skills and operation of Excel.
• Position 2: Must have a strong understanding of Biochemistry, Chemistry & Analytics Techniques. Must have some knowledge of Mass Spectrometry, strong computer skills, and data analysis/management, and drive to develop and enhance cutting-edge technologies in area of biotherapeutics. Knowledge of Script-based programming (VB script, R, Python etc) is a plus.
General Intern Program Information:
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, PhD or PharmD
• Summer Program is full-time (~40 hrs/wk) for at least 10 weeks and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy weekly 1 hour Intern Program events: learn about other areas of the company from VPs and other employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your summer project
Transportation and Housing:
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown campus
• Get to know other incoming Interns on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.