Associate Director, Resource Management
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
The Associate Director (AD) is accountable for overseeing and executing the development and maintenance of resource management processes, including but not limited to, key functional resource management engagegment, resource management capabilities, standardizing resource management reports, and implementating a standardized resource management tool across Global Development in order to execute clinical trials.
The AD's objective is to be accountable for optimizing resource allocation across Global Development working at the portfolio, program and study levels as well as the functional level providing productivity, efficiency, and quality measures to facilitate informed resource decision making.
The AD is the liaison across Global Development functional areas providing a comprehensive view of current and upcoming projects as they relate to resourcing. The AD will act as a business partner providing resourcing strategy support for Global Development functional leadership, Procurement and Finance.
Essential Functions required for the job. List both technical and managerial requirements if applicable.
• Accountable for the development of resource management processes across Global Development
• Acts as the resource management process owner across Global Development
• Liaise with the Metrics & Analytics team to create reports to help identify trends and develop metrics and analytics around resourcing
• Responsible for directing and developing direct reports
• Responsible for organizational structure and accountable for the overall team morale, effectiveness and talent management
• Sponsors resource management related process improvement initiatives for Business Operations (eg analytics, cost & resource management) in collaboration with strategic vendors, functional areas, study teams, Procurement and Finance
• Accountable for quarterly Global Development Resource Planning meetings
• Conduct study, project, and program level scenario analyses utilizing internal and vendor algorithms
• Liaise with Global Development functional areas to develop and implement development staffing algorithms
• Manage resource management system(s) providing training on its utilization to Global Development colleagues as needed
• Understand how CROs and ancillary vendors utilize resourcing algorithms to support analyses regarding resourcing at the functional level and by activity
• Support Procurement and Global Development functions in verifying clinical study resourcing and assumptions at study, project, and portfolio levels
• Provide tools to Procurement, study teams and cost management to aid in the review and comparison of new study proposals with that of the industry, benchmarks and internal historical estimates
• Help model impact of changes in assumptions on resource estimates
• Interface with the Metrics & Analytics Group to develop functional and portfolio resourcing benchmarks and metrics
• Identify, manage, and resolve resource capacity conflicts across development leadership
• Provide support for accurate and timely delivery of 'Time and Task Allocation Reporting' including missing time reports, sending reminders, liaising with Finance and procurement to reconcile monthly submissions and providing reporting for senior stakeholders
• Experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical/CRO, including but not limited to Clinical Development functional areas, bid grids, etc.
• A solid understanding of all global clinical operational activities required to deliver a clinical development program from first-in-human to post-approval
• Adept at managing a limited supply of resources against constantly changing portfolio
• Excellent analytical, clinical budgeting, clinical resource skills
• Problem solving abilities, troubleshooting, conflict resolution, and resourcefulness
• Effective communication (clear and concise written and verbal skills), influencing, and negotiating
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, ability to build relationships internally and externally (eg with supervisors, peers, partners and stakeholders
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (eg Microsoft Project)
• Extremely detail oriented and capable of working independently
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence
• Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups
• Flexible and adaptable and a refined ability to deal with ambiguity
• Demonstrate ability and behaviors to drive business forward and obtain results
• Experience implementing operational processes and/or systems in clinical development
10+ years of resource planning experience
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.