Associate Director – Medicinal Chemistry
Inception Therapeutics in San Diego, CA is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and highly motivated medicinal chemist to join our multidisciplinary drug discovery team in developing small molecule therapeutics to treat unmet medical needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong synthetic chemistry and drug discovery background and a verifiable track-record in small molecule pharmaceutical discovery with 7+ years of relevant experience.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design and synthesis of SAR studies for chosen drug targets.
- Data interpretation, iteration and presentation to both project teams and the company as a whole on a regular basis.
- Supervision of one or more associate chemists and potential management of external chemistry resources.
- Organic Chemistry PhD with at least 7 years of experience in industrial small molecule drug discovery.
- Experience in analyzing SAR and triaging new target molecule synthesis/plans.
- Thorough understanding of the basic drug discovery precepts such as metabolism, pharmacokinetics, in-vitro/in-vivo assay workflows, pharmacodynamics etc.
- Proficiency in preparing data presentations for project team and company-wide presentation.
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong team player that enjoys drug discovery and making a meaningful impact to drive projects forward.
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas. Our integrated chemistry, biology and DMPK expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume.