Research Associate/Senior Research Associate – Medicinal Chemistry
Research Associate or Senior Research Associate– Medicinal Chemistry
Inception Therapeutics in San Diego, CA is looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working and highly motivated research associate to join our medicinal chemistry team in developing small molecule drugs to treat unmet medical needs. The ideal candidate will have a strong synthetic chemistry background with relevant experience working in a pharmaceutical discovery environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works as part of a team designing drug molecules
- Timely and efficient synthesis of target small molecules for SAR analysis/program needs.
- Data presentation to project teams.
- Assistance in day to day laboratory duties.
- Organic Chemistry degree (BSc or MSc) with experience in industrial small molecule drug discovery.
- Organized, self-motivated, able to multitask and deliver results with a high degree of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong team player that enjoys drug discovery and making a meaningful impact to drive projects forward.
Inception Therapeutics is a multi-disciplinary discovery engine partnered with Versant Ventures to build and launch transformative new biopharmaceutical companies. We are home to a dynamic team that enjoys working on cutting-edge science to meet unmet medical need across a variety of therapeutic areas. Our integrated chemistry, biology and DMPK expertise and capabilities coupled with a successful track record have enabled Inception to become an established leader in new company creation. We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits packages, as well as working in a supportive team environment. This position is located in our San Diego office. We invite you to consider a career with Inception by submitting your resume.