Medical Outcomes Science Liaison- Northeast
The Medical Outcomes and Science Liaison (MOSL) is a field-based scientific expert who uses clinical expertise and experience/ knowledge of managed care, health policy, and pharmacoeconomics to support AbbVie's scientific strategy across the entire product portfolio and relevant therapeutic areas. The MOSL engages in peer to peer scientific and health economic discussions with external health care access decision makers (HCDMs) and influencers within US public and private health care entities, including but not limited to, managed care organizations (MCOs), specialty pharmacy providers (SPPs), pharmaceutical benefit managers (PBMs), integrated delivery networks (IDNs), accountable care organizations (ACOs), employers and employee health benefits consultants (EHBCs), within his/her assigned geography. The MOSL identifies and builds strong relationships with key HCDM customers and serves as the primary medical liaison between AbbVie and the customer. The MOSL seeks to proactively identify and work with internal and external partners to help advance AbbVie's field scientific strategies across the entire AbbVie product portfolio.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Relationship development and account management. Identification of key HCDMs within an account.
- Communication of scientific & health outcomes information to a varied audience. Maintain and continually enhance clinical, scientific, and current healthcare landscape expertise.
- Communicate field insights.
- Integrate with Global Medical Affairs, Integrated Managed Health Care, Global Health Economics & Outcomes Research, and other internal stakeholders as appropriate and as identified through Healthcare Solutions.
- Identify and address population level scientific, outcomes research, and health policy needs of customers.
- Leverage internal and external resources to meet customer needs.
- Provide clinical and health economic support to healthcare access decision makers and influencers for AbbVie's Therapeutic Areas, new products, new/updated indications and marketed products.
- Contribute, as needed, to creative, innovative strategies to address specific customer clinical outcomes and health economic questions and needs that align with the core medical affairs strategies.
- Participate in various therapeutic advisory activities involving both marketed and investigational products, spanning the full product life-cycle.
- Participate in other strategic initiatives as identified through Healthcare Solutions.
- Territory includes: CT, NY, RI
- Advanced degree required, preferably M.D., D.O., Pharm.D. or Ph.D.
- Three (3) to five (5)+ years of experience in a Managed Care/PBM, VA/DoD, CMS, State Medicaid, health care consulting, pharmaceutical industry or related environment preferred. Completion of relevant Residency or Fellowship programs may be considered in lieu of some work experience. Account management experience in a commercial or clinical setting is preferred.
- Required skills include: strong scientific acumen, effective communication skills, active listening skills, networking, relationship development, lead/influence without authority, business analysis skills, advanced technical expertise and business analysis skills, critical thinking, innovative problem solving skills and negotiation skills
- An essential requirement of your position is to satisfy all applicable health care industry representative (HCIR) credentialing requirements to gain and maintain entry into facilities and organizations that are in your assigned territory.
- You must also be in good standing and/or eligible to obtain these credentials. These HCIR credentialing requirements may include, but are not limited to, background checks, drug screens, proof of immunization/vaccination for various diseases, fingerprinting and specific licenses required by individual state or cities. Please remember that you are solely responsible for ensuring that you satisfy all HCIR credentialing requirements and for any associated liability for failing to do so.
- AbbVie has resources available to you to help answer questions you may have regarding your responsibilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled