Research Associate, Protein Production Process Development
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with background in E. coliprotein expression and a working knowledge of protein biochemistry and purification.
- Carry out experiments and collect, process data under supervision of the scientist.
- Perform all steps of protein expression and purification.
- Familiarity with protocols involving extraction from inclusion bodies and refolding is a plus.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Protein Sciences teams to ensure smooth continuity between upstream and downstream technology processes.
- Develop standard operating procedures and document protocols.
- Prepare and present project updates to ensure timely delivery.
- Maintain a high standard for quality control including up-to-date data records for all protein deliveries.
- Troubleshoot challenging technical, experimental, and instrumental issues.
- Consummate ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional environment, with superior oral and written communication skills.
- BS or MSc degree, with a major in biochemistry, biology or related field, and 2+ years of hands-on experience with recombinant protein production.
- Experience with E. coli-based protein expression.
- Experience developing methods for protein purification. Familiarity with protocols involving extraction from inclusion bodies and refolding is a plus.
- Chromatography by affinity, IEX, and SEC. Familiarity with AKTA instrumentation is highly desirable.
- Experience in protein characterization (SDS PAGE, Western Blotting, quantification).
- Hands-on familiarity with standard molecular biology methods.
- Regular activities require ability to communicate effectively and rapidly reprioritize to match dynamic and demanding timelines.