Associate Director, Medical Marketing
Working at Horizon Pharma is more than a job – it’s personal. We define success by a different set of numbers: the number of lives touched, the number of lives changed, the number of lives saved. We’re a team of agile, out-of-the-box thinkers who are inspired to do more because we know we’re a part of something bigger. We strive to build meaningful careers at a company whose values we share because when we live up to our potential, we help patients live up to theirs.
- Lead implementation of the brand strategy for medical marketing of KRYSTEXXA to nephrologists through highly effective initiatives including advisory boards, symposia and peer-peer programs
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the disease states, competitive landscape and therapeutic management of the space
- Prioritize, develop and implement promotional and disease education tactics that help establish the value of our products with our customers and contribute to achieving annual sales targets
- Design, develop and lead professional advisory boards to obtain feedback from external experts
- Manage and enhance external relationships with thought leaders and strategic business partners
Leverage business insights and expert feedback to provide active input into the development and review of brand strategy, tactical plans and the financial plan
- Develop and project manage promotional tactics and programs for growing brand(s) in the arthritis market space, providing sales tools for the specialty Rheumatology sales force
Gain feedback on and track marketing program effectiveness/ROI and continuously strive to optimize marketing programs
- Effectively and consistently execute multiple, simultaneous projects and manage resources to ensure deliverables are on time, on budget, and answer business objectives. Manage project timelines and budgets
- Manage external partners (ad agency, meeting planners, market researchers, consultants) to ensure integration and consistency of strategies, message and tactics.
- Provide constructive feedback
- Ensure timeliness of deliverables
- Manage budget and scope of projects
- Negotiate with vendors and drive optimal value for brand
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- BA/BS in related field. MBA a plus
- Experience collaborating with external Nephrology experts and professional medical associations
5+ years of experience in marketing/sales preferably in the healthcare pharmaceutical industry
- 1-2 years pharmaceutical sales experience a plus
- Experience working with multiple projects and managing multiple external vendors
- Must have strong planning, project management, communication, and organization skills.
- Ability to seize feedback and provide clear direction is essential.
- Flexibility to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment with multiple demands with initiative and independence required
- Understanding of the basic principles of brand management, including brand positioning, messaging & overall campaign
- Team orientation a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional demeanor
- Self-starter attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Horizon Pharma plc does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.