Manager, Scientific Computing
Pfizer has an exciting opportunity to join as a hands-on technical lead, responsible for building and leading a high-performing team in support of R&D at our Pearl River, NY site. This role is critical for enabling Digital Technology colleagues and scientists with access to the necessary compute power, servers and storage required for running a successful R&D site. In this role, the Manager of Scientific Computing will specifically support Oncology & Vaccine, bringing innovative technologies to Pfizer that provide value and can accelerate the R&D portfolio.
- Serves as lead for Digital Technology operations at the Pearl River site, managing the laboratory compute environment and ensuring that laboratory workflow processes are well managed and efficient.
- Contributes to strategy, delivery of projects and services, and culture initiatives.
- Enables use of Cloud for storage, compute, and application development and hosting.
- Responsible for management of servers for hosting agile research applications.
- Ensures smooth running of laboratory computers and associated workflows.
- Maintains Business Continuity plans for the Pearl River site.
- Troubleshoots outages of Oncology and Vaccine systems.
- Partners closely with others in R&D Digital Technology, Solution Centers and other Digital Technology functions.
- Brings innovative technologies to the Oncology and Vaccines R&D BT Leadership Team.
- Manages a team of highly engaged technical experts.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field, Masters Degree in relevant discipline preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive relevant work experience.
- Strong technical problem solver with the ability to address issues spanning database, network, and application is required.
- A broad base of technical experience is required for the role
- Administrating Windows and Linux based operating systems.
- Knowledge of Virtual Machines/Virtualization.
- Good understanding of storage systems
- Experience with Cloud computing.
- Knowledge of database technology.
- Proficient in basic software development in an enterprise environment.
- Proven ability to:
- Effectively manage a technical team.
- Collaborate successfully with cross-functional teams.
- Work successfully with scientists at all levels of the organization.
- Complementary degree/major in relevant scientific field is a plus.
- Understanding of computer systems validation principles and 21 CFR Part 11 is a plus.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Apply at http://www.pfizer.com/careers/ using JOB ID #4732925