Logistics Associate, QC Operations – Process Improvement
Let’s Make A Difference!
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member at Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing andaseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are the greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that fosters personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, inspiring, and values-driven culture, Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is currently seeking a Logistics Associate , QC Operations – Process Improvement. The Logistics Associate will focus in a specialized lean six sigma (LSS) area and work with supervisors and staff to support space planning, develop safe and efficient work procedures, and provide metrics of cost and time savings. This position is responsible for managing sample submission, receipt, and shipping coordination of all incoming test articles into Quality Control in accordance with Ajinomoto BioPharma policies, procedures and cGMP.
The Logistics Associate must have strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi - tasking skills and the ability to establish priorities, and meet multiple and frequently changing deadlines with flexibility. The Logistics Associate will represent QC Operations, interfacing with the facilities team to maintain the working environment including utilities changes or repairs. They will work closely with Employee Health and Safety (EHS) to maintain a safe working environment and with scientific staff to ensure compliance with cGMP.
- Collaborate with multiple QC personnel and balance workload to meet efficiency improvement timelines.
- Gain and deploy cross-functional support from facilities, EH&S, and IT departments for lab operation improvements.
- Coordinate and align QC LSS efforts with Operational Excellence (OE) department
- Participates in continuous improvement activities to create and improve department metrics and compliance.
- Follow EHS rules and procedures for QC department.
- Regular and reliable attendance on a full time basis [or in accordance with posted schedule].
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Althea’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a Life Sciences discipline or equivalent.
- Two to Four (2-4) years’ relevant experience in Quality Control.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and can learn other enterprise software systems easily.
- Lean Six Sigma experience required, Green Belt qualification preferred.
- Detail oriented and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, within prescribed guidelines, or as a team member.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
Successful candidate must pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply.