Analytical Scientist I
Let’s Make A Difference!
At Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, our mission is to help improve the health of humankind. As a leading, global contract development and manufacturing organization, with sites in the US, Belgium, Japan and India, we work together to empower our clients to bring drugs to market.
Every team member at Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services, from manufacturing and quality programs to development and facilities services are a critical component to this effort. At our US location, our focused expertise and capabilities makes us one of the industry’s top leaders for large molecule manufacturing andaseptic drug product fill in vials and syringes.
We believe our people are the greatest asset and we are committed to providing our employees with an environment that fosters personal and professional growth. We take pride in knowing our efforts are helping countless patients for years to come. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, inspiring, and values-driven culture, Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is the place for you.
Together, Let’s Make A Difference.
Ajinomoto Bio-Pharma Services is currently seeking an Analytical Scientist I responsible for working with external customers and internal colleagues to develop Mass Spec based solutions to product characterization as well as perform routine testing. This position requires excellent knowledge and practical experience with proteomics sample preparation techniques and LC/MS-based method development as well as data processing. In addition, the Analytical Scientist I will serve as a mentor to colleagues in areas outside of mass spectrometry such as HPLC and CE-SDS.
We are looking for a Mass Spectrometry specialist to perform established protocols that involve the use of LC-MS/MS. Depending on experience and qualifications, method development, optimization, and validation of current or new analytical tests will be required.
- Adheres to cGMP and established policy.
- Conducts peptide mapping experiments to assist in structure elucidation.
- Provides scientific technical problem solving and collaboration with Product Development team.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Embodies Aji Bio-Pharma’s cultural values and aligns daily actions with department goals and company culture.
- M.S. in an analytical or life science is required; PhD in an analytical or life science is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in Protein Mass Spec with a PhD or a minimum of five (5) years of experience with M.S degree.
- Knowledge of working with large proteins, especially mAbs; ADCs is preferred.
- Experience working with HR-MS (Q-TOF) and Triple Quadrupole Mass Spec is strongly preferred.
- Experience with FTIR, CE-SDS and cIEF is a plus.
- Willing to work with Band 4 and Band 5 highly potent compounds.
- Works on problems of diverse scope in which analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
If you meet the requirements above, and would like to apply for this position, please visit our website at www.ajibio-pharma.com and click on the "Careers" section. Please be sure to note where you saw our ad posting.
Successful candidate must pass a background check and drug screen as a condition of employment.
We are an EOE dedicated to a diverse work force and Drug Free work environment.
Qualified M/F/D/V candidates are encouraged to apply.