Amgen Thousand Oaks is looking for an Instrument Technician who will be responsible for performing intermediate level calibration, maintenance, repair, installation, troubleshooting and documentation of instruments used on process control systems and building systems in utility plants, analytical labs and facilities suited and designed for material manufacturing and testing.
- Complete various quality system and safety documentation
- Work to be completed in a safe (in accordance to HRA, JHA, etc.), manner according to planning and predefined schedules with minimal impact to production while complying with GMP, SOP, CFR and Amgen regulations
- Review and provide feedback on calibration and maintenance reports, forms, and records
- Revise, and review calibration, maintenance or other related procedures
- Provide regulatory and partner audit support
- Interpret electrical schematics, I/O wiring and panel drawings, Utility, process system/equipment, plumbing, ductwork, and HVAC P&ID's
- Interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, utility plants, analytical labs and contracted services
- Perform general labor duties and may work in a variety of locations
- Participate in On-Call rotations for after-hours facility and manufacturing support and work outside of established shift hours upon short notice
Associate's degree and 2 years of instrumentation/calibration experience
2 years in a technical school setting with hands-on instrumentation/calibration experience
High school diploma / GED and 4 years of instrumentation/calibration experience
- Associate's degree in metrology, instrumentation, electronics, or related technical discipline
- 2+ years in an FDA (GMP) or similar regulated environment
- Knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and electronic instrumentation fundamentals, including process control loops, loop checks, loop tuning and troubleshooting computer based control systems (PLC, BMS, DCS, and various HMI)
- Experience with installation, troubleshooting, calibration, repair and testing of HVAC, laboratory and utilities instrumentation
- Intermediate knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and hydraulic fundamentals as well as intermediate skills in the use of power and hand tools in the building trades such as carpentry, plumbing, and electrical
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- A high mathematical understanding, excellent reading skills along with intermediate computer and typing skills
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.