Manager, Tax Technology
Amgen's tax reporting group is part of a world class tax department that provides global tax planning, transfer pricing, tax reporting, and tax audit defense for the Company. The tax reporting group works closely with Finance, Accounting, and Treasury employees in Tampa and Amgen's Thousand Oaks headquarters to prepare Amgen's financial statement tax provision and its U.S. federal and state income tax returns.
At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.
The Manager, Tax Technology, will partner with Amgen's tax and technology professionals around the globe to support existing tax technology, and to lead future tax technology improvements. This new role will have the opportunity to drive innovation and co-create transformation of tax reporting and data analytics. The ideal candidate has strong experience in ONESOURCE tax reporting solutions, financial systems (Hyperion, SAP), Excel and Data Analytics (Alteryx, Tableau), and project management.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, plan, and manage Information Technology initiatives for the tax function, including all current and future technology changes, in partnership with the Information Technology Department to prototype, develop, test, and implement new tax technology
- Identify future tax technology needs, including opportunities for process improvements, automation, efficiency gains, and application of tax process and technology best practices
- Identify, plan for, and direct all tax data management and warehousing needs, including record retention and disclosure requirements
- Serve as a liaison between the Tax, Accounting, Financial Consolidations, and Information Technology departments improving the understanding of the tax departments information technology needs
- Develop and deliver end user training and maintain user documentation of all tax technology
- Ensure tax department personnel have proper access rights to various applications and ensure tax software applications are updated and configured to optimize performance of tax technology
- Maintain the legal entity book configurations and links between the financial systems and tax systems
- Own tax master data, including maintenance processes
Master's degree and 2 years of accounting or finance experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of accounting or finance experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of accounting or finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of accounting or finance experience
- 5+ years of Big 4 accounting firm or large multinational corporation experience
- CPA license
- Progressive tax experience, including corporate level public company experience
- Project management (leading implementations, contributing individually and driving team collaboration)
- Strong experience in Tax Reporting systems (ONESOURCE Income Tax and Provision and Dataflow)
- Experience in Data Analytics systems (Alteryx, Tableau, Excel)
- Experience in Financial Reporting systems (SAP, Hyperion)
- Knowledge of Database systems, including SQL Server
- Strong written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
- Detail-oriented with strong business analytical skills
- Experience working in a fast paced team environment, including with individuals in various geographic locations and across multiple functions
- Outgoing personality and confident ability in dealing with all levels of management within the organization
- Ability to work independently
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.