R&D Associate - VelocImmune Next
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
VelocImmune (VI) Next is a technology development group at Regeneron that invents and develops state-of-the-art tools for biologic drug discovery. We are seeking a motivated, highly organized researcher to support our investigations of new antibody and cell-based therapies. This is an opportunity for a researcher with strong molecular & cell biology skills to contribute to the development of industry-leading technologies and medicines.
• Conduct and support experiments, independently and collaboratively, investigating new technologies in antibody and T cell therapeutics.
• Construction of DNA vectors, viral vectors, and cell-lines for in vitro and in vivo studies of candidate therapeutics from the VelocImmune pipeline.
• Test candidate therapeutic molecules in molecular, NGS (next-generation sequencing), and functional assays.
• Maintenance, manipulation, and analysis of mammalian cells lines and primary cells, using Crispr/Cas9, viral vectors, flow cytometry, and immunologic assays.
• Careful, thorough record keeping, data summarization, and presentation of results in formal and informal meetings.
• Strong skills in molecular biology and cloning, including vector construction, PCR, and extraction/analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins. Knowledge of NGS methods is a plus.
• Strong skills and experience in mammalian cell culture and manipulation, including transfection, stable line development, and viral vectors. Knowledge of immunology, especially T cell biology, or experience growing and manipulating primary cells are major assets.
• Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry is required. Experience and knowledge of immuno-assays (ELISA, Elispot, MSD, cytotoxicity, proliferation, etc.) strongly preferred. Experience handling and manipulating mice is a plus.
• An ability and desire to design experiments, problem-solve, and troubleshoot independently. Ideas and independent thinking are strongly encouraged.
• Strong organizational, time-management, and presentation skills.
• Minimum of Bachelors Degree with 2+ Years experience or MS + 0 years experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or relevant program.
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.