Coagulation Laboratory Manager
Summary & Scope of Position:
Oversee and coordinate the operational and logistical activities of a coagulation testing facility.
- Manage Coagulation facility including daily activities, deliverables, employee development, training and performance management.
- Assume the daily responsibility for technical operation of the facility
- Receive, log, prioritize, process and evaluate samples for coagulation analysis, will also include preparation of paperwork and samples for referral to outside laboratories.
- Perform routine and specialized technical testing and analysis in coagulation function; analyze and interprets test results.
- Maintain detailed records, including reports, logs and quality control checklists.
- Perform quality control tests and calibrations on reagents and instruments used in testing procedures; operate and perform preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on a variety of laboratory equipment.
- Follow prescribed laboratory policies and procedures and observe lab and safe work methods and precautions.
- Perform formal assay validations and qualification as required
- Provide technical expertise for the development and implementation of new procedures, revisions, equipment needs and other specific projects
- Remain abreast of new developments related to testing through continuing education.
- Answer questions regarding testing procedures and results.
- Prepare and maintain proper reagents, controls and standards used in individual test procedures.
- Take inventory of materials and supplies used in the work and prepare orders for supplies and materials.
- Orient, train and instruct others in job duties
- A minimum of four years' experience as a Medical Technologist under a qualified Medical Director, with at least one year in area of coagulation testing.
- Valid CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist license would be an advantage. GLP experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of principles, techniques and terminology for coag function testing. Familiarity with ELISA testing. Knowledge of calibration, operation and maintenance of laboratory testing equipment, Quality control techniques and procedures
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and complete tasks to deadlines.
- Demonstrated communication skills (interpersonal, written, verbal, listening).
- Demonstrated time management (timelines, schedules, task prioritization).
- Detail and accuracy orientedSkill and Ability to Perform and analyze a wide variety of routine specialized testing rapidly and accurately, to recognize and resolve problems with testing procedures or results
- Ability to prioritize and organize workflow in an effective manner and to sstablish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships.