Accounting Manager 1
The Accounting Manager will manage and process our semi-monthly payroll through ADP, is responsible for the day-to-day administration of our employee stock plan, and will also support the month-end, quarterly and annual financial close related activities and filings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage semi-monthly payroll process utilizing ADP system along with corresponding month end journal entries and reconciliations.
• Prepare bonus calculation and corresponding related journal entries.
• Ensure compliance with payroll, accounting, and tax rules and securities laws.
• Reconcile all general ledger payroll and benefit accounts.
• Manage and process payment requests for 401(k), FSA, HSA, and other employee benefit plans.
• Manage workers comp audit and support 401K audit.
• Manage year end W-2 filing.
• Work with the Human Resource Department in administering benefits, VOE etc.
• Communicate payroll issues and regulatory changes to employees.
• Perform payroll-related ad hoc projects.
General Accounting (SAP by Design):
• Manage daily cash flow and reconciliation.
• Prepare and manage cash and investment entries.
• Prepare Month-end entries.
• Reconcile all general ledger payroll and benefit account.
• Perform balance sheet account reconciliations as appropriate.
• Ensure SOX compliance, and assist in quarterly review and annual audit.
• Assist with SEC filings as appropriate.
• Assist the department in complying with Rigel’s record retention policies and procedures.
• Perform Finance-related ad hoc projects.
Stock Administration (Equity Edge online):
• Day-to-day stock administration and semi-annual ESPP purchase.
• Maintain records of all stock option activities.
• Prepare and manage stock option agreements, stock option exercises, and corresponding journal entries along with the reconciliations of the related general ledger accounts.
• Supports the preparation of D&O Questionnaire and Proxy.
• Assist in the preparation of ASC718 assumptions and expense allocation analysis.
• Manage the filing of Forms 3921 & 3922.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• BS in Accounting with 6+ years payroll processing experience; equivalent experience may be considered.
• Experience in ADP payroll system required.
• Experience at a publicly traded company preferred.
• Experience in stock option program administration preferred.
• Experience in general accounting financial close process.
• Proficiency in MS Office skills, primarily Excel.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organization skills required.
• Able to work effectively across multiple functions.
• Must be able to prioritize workload, handle multiple tasks & work independently.
• Candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent technical, analytical, organizational and time-management skills.
• PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
• WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.