Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
REGENXBIO is a leading clinical-stage biotechnology company seeking to improve lives through the curative potential of gene therapy. REGENXBIO's NAV® Technology Platform, a proprietary adeno-associated virus (AAV) gene delivery platform, consists of exclusive rights to more than 100 novel AAV vectors, including AAV7, AAV8, AAV9 and AAVrh10. REGENXBIO and its third-party NAV Technology Platform Licensees are applying the NAV Technology Platform in the development of a broad pipeline of candidates in multiple therapeutic areas.
Our gene therapy product candidates are designed to deliver genes to cells to address genetic defects or to enable cells in the body to produce therapeutic proteins that are intended to impact disease. Through a single administration, our gene therapy product candidates are designed to provide long-lasting effects, potentially significantly altering the course of disease and delivering improved patient outcomes. We are currently developing gene therapy product candidates for the treatment of retinal, metabolic, and neurodegenerative diseases. Our product candidates all utilize AAV viral vectors from our proprietary gene delivery platform, which we call our NAV Technology Platform. In addition to our internal product candidate programs, we also selectively license our NAV Vectors to other leading biotechnology companies.
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) is responsible for recurring and ad hoc executive-level financial management reporting and analytics for the organization. The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting in strategic planning and analysis, budget and spend management, internal reporting, ad hoc reporting and analysis, interfacing with key stakeholders, and change management initiatives.
The individual will engage cross-functional peers/groups and support the financial planning for the organization which include:
- Budgeting and reconciliation of the annual operating plan
- Understanding the drivers of variances and delivering comprehensive and consistent analysis with intelligence regarding future impacts to revenues and expenses that are not accounted for in forecasting/latest estimates models.
- Maintaining the quality/accuracy of data within integral models, financial systems, and other materials to support the budget and reporting processes.
The individual has the potential opportunity to be involved in other various long-term strategic aspects of a high-growth biotechnology company.
This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, advanced Excel and Power Point abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and project management skills.
- Support core processes for monthly financial updates and tracking of changes to the annual plan
- Bridge variances from plan; understand revenue and expense projections, strategic initiatives, senior management budget change approvals, etc.
- Analyze key financial metrics and underlying business drivers
Budgeting / Forecasting / Planning
- Assist in the understanding of operational and financial requirements of the company
- Creation/maintenance/development of templates and coordination of the process for the company’s annual strategic and operating plans
- Contribute to the completion of the final reporting package to senior management and the Board
- Responsible for developing and managing effective business partnerships with key stakeholders throughout the organization, including functional/technical leads
- Learn functional needs for financial information and proresponsible for recurring and ad hoc executive-level financial management reporting and analytics for the organization.iding financial support to all key parties
- Assist in the development, preparation, and distribution of high-quality financial reports to Executives, Board of Directors, and internal stakeholders on a timely basis
- Provide analytical insights and communicate business risks and opportunities
Financial Processes & Information
- Preserve the data integrity and accuracy of the financial budgeting and planning system, models, and materials to ensure linkage between management reports remains intact
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation
- Collaborate on various process improvement initiatives; provide input to improve efficiency and accuracy of processes/reports/models
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Business, Accounting, Finance and/or similar field
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis, investment banking, or management consulting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP/Oracle or other ERP system / financial planning software preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills that reflect ability to seamlessly perform and prioritize multiple tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to translate business needs into operational financial management priorities
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Able to consistently make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Ability to work cross functionally in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
- Comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness
- Strong analytical, written, and oral communication skills; comfortable communicating with and business partnering with various stakeholders
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently; able to work with minimal direction
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to various competing demands in a highly dynamic work environment
- Biotech, pharmaceutical or healthcare experience is desirable
WORKING CONDITIONS AND/OR PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Normal working conditions
LOCATION Rockville, Maryland
EOE STATEMENT We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.