Accounts Payable Specialist
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Accounts Payable Specialist to join the accounting team. Vividion is a privately held biotechnology company based in San Diego that is leveraging an innovative and proprietary chemical proteomics platform to efficiently discover novel drugs in multiple areas including oncology and immunology. As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment.
The Accounts Payable Specialist’s core responsibilities are to effectively perform the daily operations of the Company’s full cycle accounts payable processes, perform month-end cutoff procedures, and ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and integrity of financial data in a high volume, fast paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor the Accounts Payable inbox on a daily basis to ensure that all invoices and other vendor communication are properly addressed.
- Match invoices to purchase orders and receivers/packing slips in procurement system.
- Input invoices into company’s ERP system and ensure invoices are recorded to the proper GL account and project in the proper accounting period.
- Ensure invoices and expense reports have the proper documentation and approvals in accordance with the company’s purchasing policy.
- Prepare and perform semi-monthly check runs and electronic payments (ACH, Wires).
- Maintain accurate vendor master records in the procurement and ERP systems, including obtaining approval to add new vendors, updating vendor contact and payment information.
- Obtain vendor statements, or correspondence, at quarter-end and determine accruals for unbilled services and/or goods received but not invoiced, to ensure proper period cutoff.
- Assess, track and report state sales use tax liability.
- Responsible for maintaining all accounts payable records and files.
- Maintain vendor Form W-9s and assist with preparation of year-end 1099s.
- Assist with other ad-hoc requests and projects as needed.
- College degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of experience in the accounts payable function, preferably in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry with Solid understanding of US GAAP and SOX 404 controls
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Proactive in identifying issues and takes the initiative to identify solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Technologically savvy and able to learn new software quickly
- Intermediate-to-Advanced Excel skills
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter referencing job AP2018.12.20 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.