Senior/Principal Scientist Immunology
Silverback Therapeutics, a Seattle-based start-up biotechnology company, is seeking a highly-motivated Senior/Principal Scientist to join our team. Applicants should be comfortable in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment.
The successful candidate will be a skilled immunologist/cell biologist who directly contributes to the discovery, validation, and development of Silverback’s portfolio of therapeutics. Primary responsibilities will include the design, implementation and oversight of in vitro screening and mechanism of action studies for the development of immune-modulatory therapeutics. The position requires broad knowledge of in vitro assays to assess immune function. This position will have direct supervisory and project leadership responsibilities and so experience managing others is strongly preferred.
- Ph.D. degree in immunology, pharmacology or related field with a minimum of 6 years experience after degree completion. Industry experience preferred.
- Advanced conceptual knowledge and technical expertise in cellular and molecular immunology.
- Experience supervising others and leading scientific teams.
- Demonstrated track record in advancing a project or program from concept to the next scientific milestone.
- Expert ability to design, develop and implement novel screening and cell-based assays
- Expert in conducting in vitro cell-based assays, multicolor flow cytometry, ELISA, qPCR, MSD-based assays, and AlphaLISA.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, meet deadlines, and prioritize work on multiple projects.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and present data in clear manner.
- Exposure to drug development in the therapeutic areas of immunology, immuno-oncology and/or oncology is strongly preferred.
Silverback Therapeutics is a privately held biotechnology company advancing a pipeline of first-in-class therapies targeting fundamental disease pathways that are systemically delivered but locally active. Founded in 2016, Silverback is funded by OrbiMed, Celgene Corporation, and Alexandria Venture Investments. The company is headquartered in Seattle, Washington. For more information, please visit www.silverbacktx.com. We offer our employees competitive compensation and benefits, including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan, and stock options. Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.