Scientific Fellow Process Chemistry
The Scientific Fellow I has an impressive history of accomplishments, which contribute significantly to the advancement of projects, and is recognized internally as a scientific leader and acknowledged throughout the company as expert. The Scientific Fellow I develops and applies novel solutions to significant project obstacles. In addition, the Scientific Fellow I demonstrates mastery of drug development processes and regulatory requirements by identifying needs and developing solutions in new areas. This role includes bench chemistry and management of projects, including roles on cross-functional project teams representing process chemistry.
• Leads, scientifically, by combining sound judgment, strong initiative and thorough experimental methodology
• Drives project activities and scientific strategies
• Demonstrates unmistakable intellectual and/or technological leadership on PC/CME projects
• Often responsible for all aspects of the project within technical area of expertise
• Explores new science projects and/or business initiatives for company consideration
• Build strong network internally and externally to ensure visibility in the field by participation in scientific meetings and publishing high quality work
• Major contributor to department/group discussions and initiatives
• Significant impact cross-functionally and participates in cross-functional teams
• High level of creativity and productivity with strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Displays highly developed scientific leadership qualities
• Proven ability to innovate and a track record of significant scientific contribution with publications/patents
• Experience in all phases of drug development using state-of-the-art platform technologies
• Demonstrates a practical and advanced understanding of related scientific disciplines
• Is recognized within the company as an expert authority in process development
• Communicates with high precision and skill, to enable the effective dissemination, internally and externally, of advanced ideas
• Able to manage a team (both project and direct reports) to high productivity while cultivating an atmosphere of career growth and good culture
- PhD Organic Chemistry with over 8 years relevant process chemistry experience or
- MS Organic Chemistry with over 13 years relevant process chemistry experience or
- BS Chemistry with over 15 years relevant process chemistry experience
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation to create transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. We discovered and developed the first medicines to treat the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis (CF), a rare, life-threatening genetic disease. In addition to clinical development programs in CF, Vertex has more than a dozen ongoing research programs focused on the underlying mechanisms of other serious diseases.
Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, Mass., Vertex today has research and development sites and offices around the world. For several consecutive years, Science magazine has named Vertex one of its Top Employers in the life sciences. For additional information and the latest updates from the Company, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.