Principal/Senior Scientist - Neurodevelopmental Disorders
Who we are:
NeuCyte is an early stage biotechnology company that focuses on developing treatments for those suffering from neurological and neurodegenerative disorders. We develop translatable cell-based assays for modelling neuro related disorders using patient-derived and genetically-engineered neural cell types to discover novel therapeutics. Based on our SynFire® technology, our proprietary human neural in vitro platforms assess complex electrophysiological and morphological readouts suited for target identification and validation, as well as drug efficacy testing.
What we’re looking for:
NeuCyte is seeking a highly motivated Principal/Senior Scientist to join our neuro drug discovery team and lead projects around Fragile X Syndrome. The successful applicant must have a strong neurobiology and neurophysiology background with previous drug discovery experience. Applicants must be able to keep up with the fast pace of a small biotech company l and work on multiple projects at a time.
What you’ll do:
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to optimize our in vitro human iPSC derived neural disease models.
- Be responsible for the development, optimization and execution of new biochemical, cell-based and phenotypic assays, such as high-content imaging, MEA analysis, to support NeuCyte’s internal drug discovery programs and advancement of therapies for FXS.
- Collaborate with our target team to identify and validate new targets aligned with NeuCyte’s drug discovery strategy.
- Participate in the development, design and execution of non-clinical studies to support advancement of our programs.
- Establish and manage relationships with academic collaborators and/or CROs, including development of research plans and data analysis.
- Review scientific literature to remain up to date of developments in relevant fields.
- PhD with 6-8 years of closely related technical experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech lab environment.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, and work well in small teams.
- Prepare protocols and SOP’s for multiple assays.
- Must be able to assist in troubleshooting activities and process optimization under the guidance of more experienced personnel.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with excellent record keeping.
- A self-motivator with the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Human stem cell research experience in a pharmaceutical environment
- Interest in neuropsychiatric disorders, including FXS and related disorders
- CNS pharmacology experience preferably in an industrial environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
NeuCyte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and celebrating diversity.