Senior Research Associate
Who we are:
NeuCyte is an early stage biopharmaceutical company that focuses on developing treatments for those suffering from neurological and neurodegenerative disorders. We develop translatable cell-based assays for modelling neuro related disorders using patient-derived and genetically-engineered neural cell types to discover novel therapeutics. Based on our SynFireTM technology, our proprietary human neural in vitro platforms assess complex electrophysiological and morphological readouts suited for target identification and validation, as well as drug efficacy testing.
What we're looking for:
We seek a highly motivated Senior Research Associate with strong mammalian cell culture experience to join our team. Applicants must be able to keep up with the fast pace of a small biotech startup and work on multiple projects at a time. An individual with neuroscience and human stem cell research experience is preferred.
What you'll do:
- Routine maintenance of various human stem cell cultures (ES, iPS and NSC)
- Contribute to the development of in vitro assays to analyze and assess multiple neural phenotypes.
- Basic molecular biology assays (i.e. DNA, RNA and protein purification and analysis)
- Day to day laboratory duties
- MS with 3 years of closely related technical experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical or biotech lab environment.
- Must be organized and work well in small work groups.
- Must be able to assist in trouble shooting activities and process optimization under the guidance of more experienced personnel.
- Detail oriented.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills with excellent record keeping is required.
- A self-motivator with the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
- Competitive salary and benefits