Research Associate: Cell Biology
ADRx seeks an outstanding Research Associate to join our research team engaged in therapeutic drug discovery targeting amyloid diseases. By evaluating cutting edge technologies profiling both the potency and mechanism of action of molecules, the candidate will contribute to the development of novel therapeutics.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to)
- Working with scientists on experimental designs targeting cell-based compound screening, cellular signaling pathways and establishment of mammalian protein expression systems.
- Independently execute experiments, analyze data, document and interpret results
- Developing the decision-making abilities to improve protocols, advance projects, proactively maintain laboratories, and perform as a team player
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills will be expected to communicate both these plans an outcome to the broader team.
- The candidate will ultimately assume responsibility for generating datasets that enable identification and progression of clinical drug candidates.
- A flexible and innovative approach to the workplace, strong interest in start-up company environments, and a focused commitment to engaging science based pharmaceutical programs.
- Bachelor’s degree, with 5+ years of scientific experience
- Master’s degree, with 3+ years of scientific experience
- Biotechnology industry experience
- Exceptional skills in cell culture, mammalian cell transfection/transduction, and maintenance of aseptic laboratory environments and systems
- A degree in cell biology, molecular biology, pharmacology, biotechnology or related disciplines
- Background in antibody expression, cell signaling, cell-based assay design, immunoassays immunohistochemistry, and flow cytometry are most valued
- Evidence of both independent and collaborative scientific ability along with documented scientific contributions
- Working knowledge of drug discovery, protein purification and protein characterization would be helpful.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
No travel or relocation allowance is available.
ADRx is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
For consideration, please send your CV.