Sr. Scientist, Translational Research
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct translational research to elucidate mechanisms of drug action and optimize patient selection strategies in support of Kura’s Clinical Development programs.
- Utilize broad technical expertise in cell and tumor biology, biochemistry and molecular biology to design, execute and interpret in vitro and ex vivo experiments to expand understanding of Kura’s therapeutics.
- Manage studies and fee-for-service FTE at a local full service CRO.
- Interface with preclinical and clinical colleagues in the identification and selection of biomarkers and companion diagnostic assays to be incorporated into Kura Oncology Clinical Development programs.
- Support internal regulatory filings and external academic collaborations as required.
- Highly motivated, innovative and strong team player. Excellent time management and organizational skills required. Commensurate with experience
- Ph.D. with 3-10 years of postdoctoral experience
- Doctorate-level clinical scientist with broad technical expertise in cell and tumor biology, biochemistry and molecular biology.
- Some experience with supervisory responsibility (e.g. managing a technician) preferred
- Experience of knockout/knock-in technologies (including shRNA and CRISPR) preferred.
- Understanding of epigenetics and experience with key methodologies (e.g. DNA methylation, ChIP-seq and ATAC-seq) a plus.
- In vivo small animal pharmacology experience a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability for creative thinking and problem solving.