Marketing Director - Multiple Myeloma
Given the Company's deep commitment to Oncology, the AbbVie U.S. Commercial Oncology organization is seeking a Marketing Director for Multiple Myeloma reporting to the U.S. Commercial Marketing Director for Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia & Multiple Myeloma. Our talented, highly creative Marketing professionals put AbbVie in the best position to win by driving strategic direction, leading product teams, and creating targeted, evidence-based product messaging to deliver value to our customers. Marketing professionals are among our most versatile performers and are involved in just about every aspect of our business. This involvement spans market research, market analytics and competitive intelligence, R&D and clinical trials, product launches, advertising and promotion, and post-market analysis. Primary responsibilities for this leadership position will include but not limited to:
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Develop and manage professional marketing activities for Venclexta in the U.S. Oncology organization.
- Work in a team-based environment assisting in the development of strategies and leading implementation of tactics to maximize sales, market share, and profitability for Multiple Myeloma
- Manages brand related promotional budgets.
- Masters and is responsible for all core marketing responsibilities and business processes.
- Ensures optimization of brand P&L.
- Builds and develops a high-performing brand team.
- Supports the development of the strategic business plan while responsible for the organization and synthesis of the tactical plan.
- Responsible for segmentation/targeting/positioning.
- Manage strategy and product development of tactics that drive consideration of preferred use of AbbVie oncology products within approved indications.
- Partner with cross-functional groups (Legal, Regulatory, Medical, Project Management, Sales Training, Sales Training, Consumer Marketing, Market Analytics and Business Insights, Finance, HR, OEC, etc.) to ensure integration and consistency of professional business strategies and regulatory compliance of promotional materials.
- Understands trends in the marketplace impacting professional marketing using data driven strategic insights to apply on an on-going basis to the marketing plan.
- Operates quickly and decisively in a fast-paced, demanding launch environment.
- Manage consultants/agencies for key projects.
- Build current and future competitive advantage by understanding & addressing key customers' needs, and by demonstrating deep understanding of competitors' strategies.
- Develop internal and external customer relationships that successfully drive business objectives.
- Ensure timely guidance to senior management regarding the strategy and key brands.
- Establish a productive work environment by creating trust and respect within the franchise.
- Balance business priorities and resources, adapting to the external and internal environment.
- Position requires excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills to understand scientific and financial data, recognize key issues, establish priorities, and prepare high-level presentations for senior executive staff review.
- Supervisory/Management Responsibilities - could eventually lead a small team.
- 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry in progressive Marketing and/or Sales leadership roles.
- Hematology experience required, preferably 5+ years of operational experience at a minimum. At least 2 years of experience in the Multiple Myeloma market as well as demonstrated relationships with External Experts in the field
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
- U.S. Commercial experience required with strong matrix skills and cultural sensitivity to work effectively across AbbVie Inc.
- Hematology launch experience.
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external agencies including advertising, digital, external and internal partners.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of market research to draw valid conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and manage a complex set of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong executive presence and leadership skills.
- Capable of attracting and developing world-class commercial talent.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills required.
- Travel 25%
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence", and can change course quickly when necessary.