Ophthalmology Intern, Summer 2019
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
These positions are in Ophthalmology in Tarrytown, NY. There are 3 openings for Summer 2019. Each opening is described below.
The student will be working on research projects based on animal models, and learning techniques including microdissection of ocular tissues, sectioning, immunohistochemistry, microscopy, animal establishment, etc. through implementation of experiments. The student will also help analyze data and learn skills of troubleshooting and critical thinking.
The student will perform molecular and cell biological laboratory work to support a range of ongoing projects. In particular, student will be responsible for validating novel genes expressed by trabecular meshwork and schlemm's canal in the eye in different species (human, cyno, rabbit, mouse) by RNAScope and immunohistochemistry. Student will also have opportunity to learn cell culture, WB, and microscopy techniques.
The student will perform molecular and cell biological laboratory work to support a range of ongoing projects. In particular, student will be responsible for molecular cloning of different genes, CRISPR guides into plasmids to support gene therapy projects. Student will also have opportunity to learn cell culture, WB, and microscopy techniques.
Start building your skills at Regeneron.
• Must be an undergraduate or graduate student
• Must be pursuing a degree in Biology
• Must have knowledge and experience in basic laboratory techniques
General Intern Program Information:
• Must be enrolled in, or accepted to, an academic program pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, PhD or PharmD
• Summer Program is full-time (~40 hrs/wk) for at least 10 weeks and is paid
• Prefer demonstrated leadership in areas such as campus activities, clubs, sports or the community
• Minimum GPA of 3.0
• You will work with a specific manager on a project(s)
• Enjoy weekly 1 hour Intern Program events: learn about other areas of the company from VPs and other employees, soft skills workshops, networking, volunteering, and more!
• Present to your team on your summer project
Transportation and Housing:
• A free shuttle is offered from the North White Plains or Tarrytown train stations to the Tarrytown campus
• Get to know other incoming Interns on our closed LinkedIn page when you accept an offer
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.