Perform GLP and research assays using a variety of different human pathogens in human blood products.
- Execute experiments, make observations, analyze data and interpret results, either independently or as a team member.
- Work with various pathogenic organisms in BSL-2 environments.
- Prepare and manipulate various blood products, including plasma, platelets and RBC.
- Develop, optimize and qualify or validate bacteriology enumeration assays.
- Analyze data and results for research experiments as well as GLP studies.
- Draft summary reports and protocols.May also assist with preparation of study plans, final reports and other required documentation.
- Participate in the validation of new methods.
- Maintain laboratory instruments.
- Document work in laboratory notebook in an accurate and timely manner.
- Present results of data at department and/or project meetings.
- Maintain familiarity with current scientific literature.
- May contribute to scientific publications.
- May determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certification in a scientific discipline.
- Experience working with pathogenic bacteria and viruses desirable
- Experience working with human blood products desirable
- Basic understanding of laboratory procedures, equipment, and computerized data handling.
- Flexible; ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Good communication skills (encompasses verbal, written, interpersonal, listening)
- Time management (schedules, timelines, task prioritization)
- Attention to detail.