Senior Scientist, Immuno-Oncology
The T cell Immuno-Oncology (I-O) group in Pfizer is building a world-class immunology team and is seeking highly motivated and creative Senior Scientists to join a group of researchers evaluating novel therapies in the fields of Cancer Immunotherapy, Immune Checkpoint Biology, and Innate Immunity. The candidate will report to the Senior Director, Cancer Immunology and work closely with other disciplines across Pfizer to drive early discovery research programs into early clinical development, providing scientific and technical expertise. Specifically, the candidate will identify unique tumor-specific micro-environmental cues that impact T cell and dendritic cell function, differentiation and trafficking using a variety of tools including, classic molecular, cellular, and biochemical techniques, as well as modern imaging techniques, systems immunology, bioinformatics, and preclinical in vitro and in vivo models.
- Discover and develop new therapeutic modalities for cancer immunotherapy.
- Design and perform studies to evaluate the anatomical distribution, persistence and function of antigen-specific T cells and dendritic cells in preclinical models of cancer.
- Design and execute of mechanism of action, PD and other biomarker studies, as well as combination studies for Pfizer’s preclinical-stage small molecule/IO drugs using in vivo mouse models and ex vivo methods, such as cell sorting, multi-color flow cytometry, CyTOF, gene expression analysis techniques, and human and mouse primary cell culture.
- Supervise research associates and/or scientists.
- Collaborate with protein engineering, computational biology, T cell redirecting therapy group and clinical development group to pursue the most promising drug candidates through clinical trials.
- Participate in collaborations on novel T cell/DC targets with internal and external collaborators.
- Present at group meetings, global project team meetings, and site meetings.
- Contribute to a dynamic, exciting culture that embraces teamwork and innovation.
- BS/BA with 10+ years experience or MS with 7+ years of experience or Ph.D. with 1+ years of experience.
- Experience in the fields of immunology, cell biology and/or genetics.
- Ability to independently design, plan and execute and interpret experiments.
- Ability to manage an independent research program with minimal supervision.
- Expertise in standard immunologic techniques.
- Excellent organization and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment independently or as part of a team, good verbal and written communication, and strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic.
- In-depth understanding of: T cell subsets and surface markers - Teff, Tem, Tcm,Trm, Treg Th1, Th2 etc.
- Inhibitory and co-stimulatory molecules and their associated signal transduction pathways.
- Broad experience in assessing T cell and/or DC function, differentiation, and memory development.
- Expertise in flow cytometry, qRT-PCR, MSD, Nano string and cytotoxic assays.
- Experience in CRISPR technology and lentiviral transduction.
- Technical expertise with immune cell-based functional assays (e.g. activation, differentiation, proliferation, and suppression assays by using, T-cells, monocyte/ macrophages, or dendritic cells).
- Experience with human PBMC and mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with various murine tumor and/or infectious disease models.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: March 1, 2019
- Eligible for Relocation Package
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus