Digital Transformation Manager
Join a Team that Lives to Improve Lives
People come to Genentech from across disciplines and across the world to solve our most challenging medical conditions. You’ll find inspiration in our passion for biotechnology, our purpose to positively impact the lives of millions of patients and our dedication to our people. Joining Genentech means being part of a tradition of inquiry that will change the world. It means embracing our failures as much as our successes. It requires a willingness to look beyond the edge of what's possible. And a focus on doing the day-to-day work that makes great science happen.
The following opportunity exists in our South San Francisco, CA headquarters:
[DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION MANAGER]
Who we are
At Roche, 94,000 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity.
The headquarters in Basel is one of Roche’s largest sites, over 8,000 people from approximately 80 countries work at Roche Basel. Favored by its geographic location in the heart of Europe, the Basel area is one of the most dynamic economic regions in Switzerland – a great place to live and work.
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 30 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. The headquarters for Roche pharmaceutical operations in the United States, Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer and other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech, where we believe that our employees are our most important asset and are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
Behind every presentation of each product sold by Roche is the involvement of Pharma Global Technical Operations (PT). Starting with Phase I of the development process and continuing through to product maturity, PT makes medicines at sites around the world and includes more than 10,000 employees worldwide.
“Product & Supply Chain Management” (PTS) connects the different parts of Roche to ensure reliable supply of our innovative medicine to customers and patients. The group ensures worldwide reliable supply to patients connecting their needs to the Roche Pharma Global Supply Network. This network consists of Roche manufacturing sites, contract manufacturers and external suppliers. Lastly, PTS leads Product Management Teams within PT, develops and implements product strategies as well as designs and optimizes full Supply Chains from raw materials to final product throughout the whole product life-cycle.
The Digital & Advanced Analytics Stream, has a key role defining Supply Chain and Tech Ops embark on a digital transformation journey. This is an innovative and fast-growing team to develop innovative solutions and state-of-the-art processes for our company in an environment where the worlds of business, creativity, and technology intersect.
This position is a key member of the Digital Incubator in Supply Chain, supporting its launch and contributing to all its activities. It will participate in the selection and structure around innovation initiatives from ideation to handoff (for execution), managing key interactions, timelines, and reporting; he/she will take the responsibility to establish small teams experimenting around specific initiatives and ideas.
He/She will have an active role in gathering and spreading knowledge around Digital and Innovation topics in various forms across all the organization, fostering a mindset change towards Digital Innovation in all PTS functions.
As part of the Digital Transformation Team, will support the conception and implementation on next generation solutions to ensure adherence to broader enterprise technology strategy.
Will also support the execution of selected strategic initiatives, assessing the value creation and cost estimation, ensuring resources and connection within other areas and initiatives across PT.
The scope of accountabilities includes but is not limited to the following tasks and roles:
- Be a core team member of the Digital Incubator, participating in its initial setup and future daily activities.
- Collaborate in identifying, assessing and selecting innovative ideas from internal and external sources, based on their value proposition.
- Promote employee engagement through "intrapreneurship" & crowdsourcing by defining, activating and supporting innovation challenges or hackathons across the company
- Collaborate in spreading knowledge and enhancement of the workforce capabilities.
- Bypass roadblocks created by standard Roche processes to effectively try new ideas and ways of working, through effective stakeholder management to deliver results in short periods of time
- Drive rapid design and development of minimum viable products, supporting future business models and innovation on personalized supply chain.
- Support scale up of successful ideas
- Coaching PTS members into the Lean Startup Agile methodology mindset
- Support the effort to build a collaboration network within Roche for Digital & Innovation related topics, ensuring regular exchange
- Act as a role model for Digital Innovation, Data Ownership and Value Creation within PTS, proactively coaching colleagues into the concepts
Who You Are
The ideal candidate is passionate about using data driven methods for solving complex problems. Interaction with subject matter experts and management to understand situations and develop solutions consistent with our business strategies is a critical component for success and has a proven track record of getting things done.
We look for people who are excited about solving business issues and making a lasting impact by transforming operations. Entrepreneurial Spirit. Must be outgoing and enthusiastic about new technologies and market opportunities.
You’re a person who is open to new ideas and challenge conventional paradigms. Define development opportunities and ensure feasibility analysis of potential initiatives.
In addition to these competencies, you provide a mix the following qualifications:
- BS/MS/Ph.D Degree in science, engineering, business, supply chain or equivalents.
- Preferably a minimum of 5 years experience in Supply Chain & Business related areas (Commercial, Planning, Logistics and, Manufacturing are appreciated)
- Technology and Data savviness, passionate about latest technology trends and data driven mindset, innovative and curious mindset, with a passion for learning and teaching
- Self driven and proactive, comfortable to deliver as a team leader, team member and individual contributor
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence others across ALL levels of the organization in order to drive transformational change
- Excellent at building and maintaining constructive and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge in big data, advanced analytics, business intelligence platforms and other high tech macro trends is highly valued.
- Financial and Business Acumen including business case development
- Knowledge of: SCRUM, Agile Methodologies, Change Management, Project Management.
- General understand Roche Operating Principles and business processes.
- Mobility: Ability to travel up to 30%
A Job with Benefits Beyond the Benefits
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.
At Genentech, we share salary ranges with applicants during the recruiting process, if requested. Third party salary estimates may not be accurate or up-to-date.