Research Scientist II - NMR in West Lafayette, IN at AMRI
AMRI provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist is an integral part of the AMRI team, contributing to our success by obtaining, interpreting, and report scientific data, consulting with clients, maintaining NMR instruments, and training and mentoring other scientists in the Analytical Development group.
Join our talented workforce, where a commitment to excellence and a customer focused attitude is everything. We pursue excellence because our work has the power to improve patients’ lives with the pharmaceuticals we develop and manufacture.
In this role, you will:
- Perform routine laboratory testing using various spectroscopic instrumentation according to study design or under the guidance of project leader
- Provide technical support to assigned projects, using robust scientific practices which comply with standard operating procedures and scientific standards
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Conduct laboratory experiments as part of development and validation of solid-state chemistry analytical methods to support analytical development processes, including preparation of solid-state mixtures and studies of solid-state attributes of materials
- Assist in preparing technical documents
- Comply with all cGMP, laboratory SOPs and company policies and procedures
- Comply with good housekeeping and safety practices
Qualifications and background to be successful in this role:
- BS degree in Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related science field with 0 – 3 years of experience in industry or academia
- Experience with NMR spectroscopy and other spectroscopic instrumentation such as IR, Raman
- Experience with interpretation of analytical data
- Must be able to work on multiple concurrent projects, and communicate effectively with interdisciplinary project teams
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and the ability to learn other statistical/scientific software packages, as required
- Good problem solving and decision making skills to identify and solve work related issues
- Working in cGMP or cGLP laboratory
- Other analytical instrumentation used in the solid state chemistry laboratory such as PLM, XRPD, DSC, TG, DVS, UV, etc.
- Analytical method development and validation
- Linux OS
All interested applicants must apply online.
AMRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we value diversity and inclusiveness. Minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity are encouraged to apply.
Shift: Standard 8
Albany Molecular Research, Inc. is committed to providing equal opportunity to all job seekers including qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have any difficulty using our online application system due to a disability or believe you need a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, you may use the alternative email address "firstname.lastname@example.org" to contact us about your interest in employment or you may call us at 518.512.2000.
Please note: The above-referred email address and telephone number are dedicated communication lines designed exclusively to assist job seekers whose disability prevents them from being able to apply online. Messages left for other purposes will not receive a response.