Systems Support Specialist, Desktop
Zymeworks is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development and commercialization of next-generation multifunctional biotherapeutics. Zymeworks’ suite of complementary therapeutic platforms and its fully-integrated drug development engine provide the flexibility and compatibility to precisely engineer and develop highly-differentiated product candidates.
Zymeworks is seeking a highly motivated professional who is looking to grow their career with our company.
About the Position
Zymeworks is looking for a Systems Support Specialist, Desktop who will be responsible for desktop and business system support for a rapidly growing Seattle, WA branch office. This position will be the only Information Technology position at this office and will work closely with a larger team in our Vancouver, BC head office.
- Provides primary support for end users of desktop operating environments and basic support of related business systems.
- Monitors incoming trouble ticket queues and triages tickets as necessary.
- Coordinate tasks and technical issues with the Information Technology team in Vancouver
- Performs routine and ad-hoc deployment of software and hardware to the desktops
- Installs, configures and tests all software applications using existing installation documentation.
- Assembles, tests, repairs and upgrades new and existing hardware systems.
- Manages user accounts, permissions backups, resource usage, etc.
- Writes instructional documentation as required.
- Monitors and tracks inventory and license levels to ensure adequate supplies are on hand. Completes acquisition of new supplies and licenses as necessary.
- Provisions workstations for new hires and completes on-boarding orientation.
- Fosters effective and collaborative working relationships with fellow employees, management and external partners/vendors.
- Reads pertinent literature to improve technical knowledge and maintain awareness and understanding of developments related to current or anticipated projects and/or products.
Qualifications & Experience
- A technical diploma in a related discipline and a minimum of 2 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in addition, demonstrated experience working with information technology systems.
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work effectively in a high paced, fast changing environment. Results oriented.
- Experience with system administration and orchestration of Microsoft Windows desktop clients.
- Experience with Apple OSX desktop support.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Excellent knowledge of networking principles and technologies.
Preferred Technical Experience
- JAMF Casper
- Vmware Horizon
- Linux (Red Hat Varieties)
- Active Directory
- Atlassian JIRA / Confluence
- Palo Alto and/or Juniper networking
Why Work for Us?
Zymeworks’ employees are passionate, engaged and extremely motivated to succeed. We are excited by the cutting-edge science and technology, the endless possibilities this union holds and the sheer opportunity to be a part of something big. To learn more about Zymeworks Inc. and our current openings, please visit our website at www.zymeworks.com.
We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please apply online. Due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.