Senior Research Associate - Analytical Development
At Pacira Pharmaceuticals, controlling postsurgical pain is the key to improving patient outcomes. Our in-depth knowledge of the needs of the postsurgical pain market, coupled with our passion for delivering improved patient care, drives our commitment to providing solutions that address unmet medical needs and improve clinical results. Pacira Pharmaceuticals currently has an opening for a Senior Research Associate.
The purpose of this position is to carry out assigned laboratory duties which may include sampling, testing, and evaluating analytical data on samples such as raw materials, in-process, and final products. In addition, will also develop and validate analytical methods.
- Perform methods development and validation for in-process and final product analyses.
- Carry out product testing and stability studies, as needed.
- Conduct laboratory tests in compliance with established internal Standard Test Methods (STMs), compendial and vendor/partner supplied methods.
- Maintain organized records of tests performed and results obtained by following company policies.
- Perform troubleshooting and preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Write documents for GMP compliance and regulatory submissions such as standard test methods, validation reports, and SOPs.
- Provide technical assistance and training to other laboratory personnel.
- Understand and comply with all company policies, safety procedures, and SOPS, including cGMPs and cGLPs.
- Prepare analytical data for internal and external meetings and presentations.
- Conduct laboratory tests in compliance with established Standard Test Methods (STMs) and within regulatory and laboratory requirements.
- Assist in performing laboratory investigations. Write investigation reports as required.
- Maintain a level of technical knowledge and understanding in the assigned areas of responsibility that are consistent with the current scientific requirements of the company.
- Participate in the transfer of methods to/from the Quality Control department.
- Represent functional area in Project Teams, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study (e.g. chemistry, pharmacy, or biochemistry) from an accredited college or university. 5-8 years combined academic and pharmaceutical industry experience. Experience with experimental design and analytical equipment preferred.
- Thorough understanding of the chemical and physical principals upon which formulation, process development and analytical methodology is based.
- Knowledgeable with cGMPs.
- Proficient in using and maintaining major laboratory instruments (e.g. HPLC, GC, UV Spec, pH meter, centrifuge, etc.).
- Ability to effectively utilize scientific information resources within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Keen observation skills, demonstrated problem solving, and troubleshooting skills (e.g. rational progression of investigation).
- Strong understanding of the scientific thinking in the design of experimental protocols.
- Proficient documentation skills (e.g. notebook, reports) with attention to detail and legible handwriting.
- Effective organizational skills (e.g. daily tasks, documentation, archived information).
- Good interpersonal skills (e.g. working with members of other teams to achieve shared goals).
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills (e.g. able to participate in scientific discussions and written interactions).
- Proficient in the use of computers and widely used workplace applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Outlook, graphing software, etc.).
- Ability to be flexible in adapting work plan to current corporate goals.
- Good time management skills (e.g. multi-tasking and task prioritization).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled